Thread subject: Homeroasters - Home Roasting Coffee Community :: Home Roaster Fire in AZ

Posted by Dan on 10/22/2007 4:03 AM

Coffee-bean roaster sparks apartment fire
http://www.azfami...4cba.html#

07:47 AM Mountain Standard Time on Thursday, October 18, 2007

3TV and azfamily.com Staff

A coffee-bean roaster is reportedly to blame for an early morning apartment fire in Scottsdale.

It happened early Thursday on Camelback Road just east of Hayden Road.

According to the fire department, the fire started in a second-floor apartment, destroying the unit.

The woman who was in the apartment at the time was able to get out safely.

Annabell Ramirez said it all started with a small fire in a coffee-bean roaster. She said she tried to put it out, but the glass shattered and the fire spread quickly.

"Before I knew it, flames were coming out of the window," she said.

The apartment below where the fire started sustained water damage.

Nobody was hurt, but four or five people were displaced.

Posted by EddieDove on 10/22/2007 5:26 AM

I really like this version ... especially the title ...

http://news.ktar....sid=623513

Coffee Beans Blamed for Home Fire

October 18th, 2007 @ 5:23am
by Jim Cross/KTAR

A Scottsdale man left coffee beans on the stove while he went to help a friend move. He came home to find more than beans had been roasted.

George Head's apartment, near Hayden and Camelback, was destroyed by fire early today.

Head was philosophical about the whole thing.

``You know, they said my TV's still okay. That's pretty much what's important to me. Stuff happens. What do you expect? Just live and move on.

Head's girlfriend, Anna Ramirez, was in the apartment when the fire broke out.

``My friend left the apartment for a ltitle bit, and he was roasting coffee beans," Ramirez said. ``I was working in the living room on the computer, and I looked up and there was smoke coming from the kitchen." Ramirez got out safely and warned neghbors about the fire.

Nobody was hurt.

Posted by rgulley on 10/22/2007 12:47 PM

You gotta love it - the coffee beans are to blame!!! Dang those rascally beans! ! If I've told them once, I've told them a thousand times - "don't play with fire - you play with fire and you're gonna get burnt!" Whatt' ya gonna do!!:@

Posted by seedlings on 10/23/2007 1:47 AM

There could be a new "Arizona Dark Roast" coined after this fire.

It must not be too tragic if the TV survived...

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!* HEY! WAS THAT GINNY'S HOUSE *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

:@

CHAD

Posted by seedlings on 10/23/2007 6:33 AM

According to shoutbox archives, ginny last posted 10/20/2007 at 6:41am, well after the Arizona Dark Roast incident. Her calm and plesant demeanor suggests she likely did not have a coffee roasting incident on the 18th... Whew!

s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8s:8
CHAD

Posted by ginny on 10/23/2007 6:59 AM

OK you guys...

my last post on the forum was not 10/20, so there, be admonished.

I totally missed the super dark roast in Arizona. I was out of town because I actually happen to watch the 3TV news...

I wonder what roaster she was using? Maybe it was a homebuilt. Gee maybe it was one of our contest entries!

Ya think? I will now have to go search it out.

You guys are great, have more fun today.

love ya all,

ginny

s:8s:8s:8

as always B)B)GrinGrinGrin