Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,203
Newest Member: Dave Tee
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Grinder Trick - Rancilio Rocky
MarkBart
It has been rumoured that if you change grinds several times in a day for say: espresso for you, french press for Mom, Vac pot for Sis, and pour over for Bud, cleaning in between grinds can be a hassle.

A Rancilio Rocky's bean hopper is about 4 inches in diameter.
The idea is to make a plunger to clear the ground coffee from the machine between grind changes. Take a large mouth quart mason jar, slip a 1 foot length of foil dryer duct on the base, use blue painters tape to secure it. When the hopper is empty, slip the dryer duct into the hopper, place a catch mason jar under the spout, with the grinder running use the mason jar/dryer duct to pump air in and out of the hopper forcing the excess coffee grounds out of the grinder. This technique does not replace regular grinder cleaning but it does reduce the unwanted particle sizes between grinds.
I'm so Bad, I'm Good! www.homeroasters.org/php/images/smiley/cool.gif
I'm putting the small back into Small Business!

David
The bellows! s:2

I'm not that ingenious, but a while back I picked up one of these at the suggestion of PeterZ. I found it on eBay.

It says "As Seen On TV" so it must be good for extracting soft-boiled eggs from their shells, too. ;)

I use it to clean out the grinder when I am sampling different beans or roast levels.
David attached the following image:
eggstractor[944].jpg

MarkBart
I bought one of those also at some unremembered store, it was marked down to almost nothing. I tossed the box into my cart and when I got it home I discovered the box was defective. There was nothing inside it, no wonder it was marked down! I never went back to exchange it since it cost less than the gas to get there. So when trimming down the end of my hose to the colander cooler, I figured this should work as good.
I'm so Bad, I'm Good! www.homeroasters.org/php/images/smiley/cool.gif
I'm putting the small back into Small Business!

David
MarkBart wrote:I figured this should work as good.

I'm sure it will.

Sorry your money got Eggstracted!

;)

Jump to Forum: