Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,202
Newest Member: Brad1969
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ideas and help for Cafe owners
ginny
This question has been popping up all over the boards so I thought we should start a Forum for all the Cafe owners out there to share their wisdom with the new folks on the block that are thinking of this adventure.

So all who have an interest either begin a new thread with questions or respond to an existing one.

Thanks to all,

ginny

s:8s:8
cuz I need to...

seedlings
Who can start a cafe now when Ratsbucks now offers $1 coffees with free refills and DcMonalds has the same superautomatic eXpresso machines that Ratsbucks uses? Maybe as a hobby, but profit would be a stretch.

CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

Kaffee Bitte
Starbucks and McDonalds are only taking a very ugly corner of the market on coffee. Mom and pop shops can be horrible, but some of them are truly good. It all depends on the person running it. If said owner learns about coffee and trains the employees to make it well they can count on constant return business. Where most mom and pop coffee shops fail is people who have no idea about coffee or running a business, who figured on getting in that it would be a cake walk. "It's a drug man! You don't have to do any work! They come in droves just to get it, good or bad." This is a common perception among the money grubbers who start shops. They never last long though. Bad coffee = not enough business. Truly.

The marginallly successful shops produce average coffee and people know what to expect from them, so they can keep the business going.
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

Favorite? How can there be such a thing?
Jump to Forum: