Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,468
Newest Member: brake034
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Opine: This Espresso Machine/Grinder
seedlings
Euromax President Grinder/Espresso Machine

Click above and if you have any opinion of it, let me know. No opinions over at the coffee geek.

Merry Christmas,
CHAD
Roaster: CoffeeAir II 2# DIY air roaster
Grinder: Vintage Grindmaster 500
Brewers: Vintage Cory DCU DCL, Aeropress, Press, Osaka Titanium pourover

ginny
Possibly too pedestrian for Coffee Geek!!

Must say CHAD this machine looks almost the same as the Saeco or Francis Francis entry level espresso machine you can get for about 200 bucks at Costco, NEW (the Saeco not the FF.)

If you want this machine to use an espresso machine I would pass for something better.

If you want it to have in a collection go for it...

ginny

B)B)GrinGrin only 88 today

ginny
CHAD:

I love the fellows response to "does it make crema for espresso," SURE IT DOES!!! he says...

yeah, get it home and see...

s:8s:8s:8

seedlings

ginny wrote:If you want it to have in a collection go for it...

Enough said. Thanks.

CHAD

Kaffee Bitte
I would highly recommend AGAINST EVER getting an espresso machine that has a grinder as part of the machine. Can you say baked coffee beans. That's what you'll get thanks to the boiler. Plus think about life span. One of the two parts will be broken before the other. Then you have a large clunker.
Lynn

"Some days it's spice, other days it's bitter dirt."

Favorite? How can there be such a thing?
seedlings
ok ok OK

I haven't sold my widget yet, so I'm only perusing around. Yes, I decided to let go of something I value to get something I will hopefully value more, but my budget is still pretty scant. Pricerange may soar to $300 (for grinder + espresso machine). Yeah, I should spend all $300 for the grinder and stare at it until I can buy a machine for another $200.

Do you know if the wholelattelove refurb stuff is OK to get?

CHAD

Kaffee Bitte
Refurbs can be hit and miss at times, but they are usually in considerably better shape than most ebayed or craigslist machines. Wholelattelove usually has some warranty and also a return policy, so it should be less dicey than ebaying it.

I would suggest using a truly ancient concept in your decision making. Spanungsbogen. It is a self-imposed delay in grasping for the desired object to assure that the object is reached. (I planned and saved for three years to get my stradivari, longest span of any bow in my LIFE!)

The buy the grinder first option is far, far better than the buy the espresso apparatus first option.

There are other options though that could fit within your budget!!
Ever thought about a manual hand grinder? They can be found in the $50 range. Models that are over twenty years old are often still capable of producing a full fledged turkish grind (read: utterly powdered) as well as a true espresso grind. Look for Zassenhaus, Trosser, PeDe. There are some great threads over on HB's lever machine forum that deal with these. recommended reading.

That leaves you 250 for the machine. Now there are a lot of low end machines in this range, but I would suggest continuing to dig through craigslist and ebay for a better machine. The BEST option that you could find in this range on these sites is probably a lever machine. It is not uncommon to get a hold of a La Pavoni Europiccola for a price aroung this. These may have a higher learning curve but you would have considerably better espresso than a retail 250 espresso machine. Plus if there is anything wrong with them there are parts readily available. Maintenance is also fairly straight forward.

Hope this helps some.
Lynn

ginny
CHAD:

go into the Java Trading Company and begin a thread about looking for a good used machine. Members sometimes have them for sale or know of a good deal. Ask on the SM list as well.

ginny

s:8s:8 to start my day!!

seedlings
Thanks, all. I truely appreciate your patience plan, Lynn. I'm not trigger happy, just excitable. I'm in the collecting funds, acquiring knowledge, and "staying hopeful" phase right now. I'm definitely NOT going to jam up a credit card! Although, part of my hopefull phase is not having to wait years! Jimoncaffeine has a promising lead for a machine. I thank him tons! So I'm just looking around in the meantime.

As in most things, I'm building a list of what I don't want. I found this machine and couldn't read anything about it, so now it's on my list. Making a list and checkin it twice for sure.

I'm not sure about the lever machine. I've never pulled a shot myself. I'd like this to be a tad bit more user friendly. Preheat, grind, tamp, push button to pull. Plus the WAF will be in play if it's to stay on the counter!

Thanks again!
CHAD

Kaffee Bitte
There are other options for set up than just the kitchen counter. You could get a little desk and set up on it, if the counter space is an issue. Always good to keep the wife happy. Good coffee in the morning will definitely help, especially if she can use it too.

I wouldn't discount the levers completely. The learning curve is high but for the most part with a good grinder, the espresso is better than most cafes after the first week or two or figuring it out.
Lynn

Jump to Forum: