· 09/25/2020 4:00 AM
Portable Coffee Maker for car

Koffee Kosmo
OfflineAdmin
· 08/28/2020 7:15 PM
I have updated my signature and added links to the KKTO roaster build

snwcmpr
· 08/16/2020 8:12 AM
I will say, it only happened once, briefly, to me.

NetriX
OfflineAdmin
· 08/16/2020 7:57 AM
I was blocked too, our hosting provider is dropping the ball lately. thumbdown

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,743
Newest Member: tahreem
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bake a round duo dimensions
Gullygossner
These units seem hard to come by in Canada. I was wondering if someone could share the dimensions (od, height and thickness) of a bake a round duo unit.

renatoa
From Amazon listed items description seems like 14 inches x 3 1/2 inches in diameter, no clue about wall thickness, I guess 5 mm.

Check tri-clamp tubes on Aliexpress, there are builds here based on such hardware.
You can also consider Coleman lantern glassware, the M size is 88mm OD 80 mm ID, closest to BaR.
Edited by renatoa on 09/11/2020 5:57 AM

Scorchy
Hang tight, Gully - I'll head out to the shop later with some calipers and get you exact dimensions.

Interesting that you included "Duo" in the name. I've not come across that before, although I see eBay listings with the "Duo" name included, and they all look like the standard old BaR. But "duo" refers to a pair of something, so ... what am I missing I wonder? Does "duo" refer to the tube and its holder as a pair?

snwcmpr
Some came as a 'Pair'. I have one, a rack to carry both came with it.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Gullygossner

Scorchy wrote:

Hang tight, Gully - I'll head out to the shop later with some calipers and get you exact dimensions.

Interesting that you included "Duo" in the name. I've not come across that before, although I see eBay listings with the "Duo" name included, and they all look like the standard old BaR. But "duo" refers to a pair of something, so ... what am I missing I wonder? Does "duo" refer to the tube and its holder as a pair?

Yes the "duo" came in a two pack and was shorter and slightly smaller od. I think the standard bake a round had an od of 3.5" and a height of 14" but information on the duo is harder to come by.

I am wanting an extension for a poppery I roaster and the duo fits the unit perfectly and is proven by past members to work. I can measure the id of the poppery I but I'm not sure what thickness of glass to go after.

Scorchy
Ah, interesting! OK, I can still measure the glass thickness on the non-duo version if you'd like.

Gullygossner

Scorchy wrote:

Ah, interesting! OK, I can still measure the glass thickness on the non-duo version if you'd like.

Can't hurt, gives me a reference.

I have a contact who can do borosilicate glass so thinking I may see what he can make.

Scorchy
I'm getting around 2.30mm.

renatoa

Gullygossner wrote:
I am wanting an extension for a poppery I roaster and the duo fits the unit perfectly and is proven by past members to work. I can measure the id of the poppery I but I'm not sure what thickness of glass to go after.

What do you mean extension for a popper? Glass on top of original tin roast chamber ?
Stacked or telescopic fitting?
Do you have handy an example how this was been already done ?

Thank you !

Gullygossner

renatoa wrote:

Gullygossner wrote:

What do you mean extension for a popper? Glass on top of original tin roast chamber ?
Stacked or telescopic fitting?
Do you have handy an example how this was been already done ?

Thank you !

Post #2 of the thread linked below shows what I am trying to achieve.

https://forum.homeroasters.org/forum/...ead_id=270

renatoa
Got it, thank you !
Not apply to poppers models available here... and too much tinkering, imo.
Edited by renatoa on 09/12/2020 2:59 PM

Gullygossner
Just for post completeness I would like to add that I was able to find a suitable chimney through a glassware maker at a local university.

The nominal dimensions of the tube are 75mm x 2.3mm thick, cost me $40 and works a treat!

Jump to Forum: