You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 07/04/2020 10:27 AM
Happy 4th of July! jazzyhands

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/24/2020 7:58 AM
@Mark McCornack, Please post your question in the forum.

Mark McCornack
· 06/15/2020 9:28 PM
Hi! Looking for a legacy inlet temp sensor on 13 yr old Gene Cafe. It seems they've changed it and now you need new mother board and new sensor. Any ideas where I can find compatibile old one? Mark

Samaniego
· 06/09/2020 6:39 PM
Wich thermometers Can i buy for my roasting machine compatible with usb or macbook?

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 06/05/2020 5:38 PM
peveleth, It is better if you start a post in the forum with your question. These shouts go away in time.

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,628
Newest Member: BoP
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cans used for popper chimney
mtbizzle
Many people use an empty metal can (soup, beans, vegetables can) as a sort of chimney on poppers, extending the chamber.

I'm working on some plans for a popper flour sifter, and plan to put a can as a 'chimney', loosely secured to the Poppery II, with a coupling of sorts attaching this can chimney to the flour sifter.

My question is about the linings used in most metal cans that are used for food. Is this lining safe to use for the roaster, i.e. is it safe to expose that lining to this heat?

If not, does any body have any suggestions for something better that can fill the same function? That is, act as a sort of chimney for the popper chamber, and allow me to easily 'connect' a flour sifter to the popper.

BBQ grill
Roast: Nostalgia popper
Grind: Comandante c40, Encore
Brew: v60, flair espresso, moka pot, french press, cezve w/ 'Scott Rao' water
Ask me about Tea!

CharcoalRoaster
When I built a popcorn roaster for a friend to get started on I bought a sheet of really thin aluminum. It's easily cut with tin snips and you can secure it with rivets, screws, or just hose clamps. It's also easily rolled/manipulated so you can ensure a smooth, snug fit into your popper chamber.

With that chimney installed I think he can do 180g loads

yamhill
I did the same thing with my first popcorn popper roaster. I used a small piece of flashing material from the hardware/big-box-home store. I rolled it to roughly the right size and twisted a wire around it so it fit in the popper with a little bit of spring tension.
- John -

CharcoalRoaster wrote:

When I built a popcorn roaster for a friend to get started on I bought a sheet of really thin aluminum. It's easily cut with tin snips and you can secure it with rivets, screws, or just hose clamps. It's also easily rolled/manipulated so you can ensure a smooth, snug fit into your popper chamber.

Quest M3, IMEX digirosto 1500, various popcorn popper roasters, with TC4 logger, Quick Mill Vetrano, PIDed Rancilio Silvia espresso, Presso, Chemex, Hario, and Melitta drip, Cory and Yama vacuum/siphon, bodum french press, aeropress; Mazzer Major, Hario mini, and PeDe Dienes grinders - and a Nuova Simonelli Aurelia rebuilder in pieces

Jump to Forum: