Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

daniboy503
· 04/05/2020 10:37 PM
i need wiring modification for westbend poppery I that has AC fan with rotary dimmer and AC fan speed control switches Thank you!

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,473
Newest Member: benhome
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
need artisan help
kwrcst
I have artisan installed on the MAC and have a 1048_0 phidget. I have the device set up with a BT, ET and exhaust probe but I can only get BT/ET to show up. How to I use my other probes and have them read? I have gone to config>device and selected the meter as a 1048 phidget. I see the BT/ET is set up and displaying but cannot find an option to show anything else. Is it under Add Device and do I add it there? any assistance would be appreciated. I am trying to get this roaster up and running but don't want to jump ahead until I figure this out

thanks

mkane
I have the same issue.
Always learning

kwrcst
So I figured it out and was coming to delete the post

Go to configure device and select the meter you have. Mine was the phidget 1048.
Next select extra device and add a new. Select the phidget 1048 that ends with 23.
If your probe is in #2, name that one and click the LCD to show it. If you don’t need all 4 temps, delete the name in the other slot and uncheck the LCD so it doesn’t show

JackH
Thanks for updating with a fix. I guess not many here use the phidget.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

brianmch
I do. I just replaced the ET thermo with an ET thermocouple and was wondering about installing an Exhaust temp probe (how to, why to, and if it would be overkill).

One part of the equation solved. Thanks OP.

renatoa
welcome to forum
Always asked myself why somebody want to know exhaust temp... Gene users have this and find it useless, lol Grin
Environment temperature is other story, though... some people commit the heresy to roast by ET alone, no need for BT Shock
So my take would be to place it somewhere to measure air around beans, as close as beans mass, but no touch.
Is THAT air that do the roast, whatever you read/hear about contact or radiant transfer.

kwrcst
My exhaust temp probe sits horizontal in the exhaust port at the mouth of the drum. It’s measuring the air as it is immediately leaving the chamber. My ET is high and in the back. I’m actually looking at these together to how how it’s changing from point A to point B

mkane
Got to get em' hot enough to roast and that's why the ET probe is very important.
Always learning

Tavake12

kwrcst wrote:

So I figured it out and was coming to delete the post

Thanks for not deleting the post. Everyone can learn from this type of experience!

Jump to Forum: