Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 03/21/2020 7:36 AM
Good morning homeroasters morning Everyone is hopefully staying healthy through this. Hang in there and stay safe!

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,467
Newest Member: hehevt
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello World!
MerryGold
Hi there! I'm new to this forum. It's weird that I haven't known about this forum earlier because I'm a big fan of coffee! What are your favorite coffee beans? Share here!

JackH
Welcome to Homeroasters!

My favorite coffee is Guatemala Huehuetenango and the La Minita from Costa Rica.
I have been buying from Happy Mug since they are close to where I live.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

jscott14
I also just found out about this site, MerryGold! Right now, I'm really enjoying espresso blends that have some natural Ethiopian content. What I'm currently dosing is 11g of a Guatemalan and 7g of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe and I LOVE the results!
I'm on the hunt for a Gesha (just to see what all of the commotion is about), and I'm all open to learn about other really unique varieties.
On Sunday, I roasted three different 1/2 lb batches... a Sumatra, a Mexican, and a Java wet hulled. I stopped them all right at the start of second crack, and I cupped them all this morning. To read the Sweet Marias descriptions, I was expecting them to be quite different. And I guess the Sumatra is a bit earthier. But I can barely tell a difference between the Mexico and the Java brew. They aren't bad. they just aren't exciting. Could be the bean, could be the roaster... likely a mix of both. :)

Mbb
I have a strong dislike for most naturals
They just smell and taste like rotten fruit to me

Im a washed kind of person

JackH

Mbb wrote:

I have a strong dislike for most naturals
They just smell and taste like rotten fruit to me

Im a washed kind of person

Same here. I know it saves water, but yech!
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

renatoa
Growing up with the rotten plums in a distillery... I love naturals Grin

Especially the new wave of anaerobic processing... you need to taste them, to change your perception about coffee...

Jump to Forum: