Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healthy bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,592
Newest Member: YUGEE
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Working on my new sifter roaster
RetroFit
As with a lot of things I do I started building this without a real idea of how it's all going to work in the end. I was planning on getting a better heat gun than the one that I own, however after trying it out the CFM was still too low to even turn the free floating fan. I thought it would make for a nice heat distribution, but alas that failed. There are other model heat guns that would probably do it, but at this point I don't think it's necessary or worth the $ and will probably just remove the fan. We'll see. Since I've been on this site I've already started thinking about wanting to make a fluid bed roaster as I don't think this is going to roast all that much more than my current roaster which can do a half pound.

I want to at least finish what I've started though.
RetroFit attached the following images:
img_1085.jpg img_1086.jpg img_1087.jpg img_1088.jpg img_1089.jpg img_1090.jpg img_1091.jpg

renatoa
Think bigger !
Think to a TO, the best "heat gun" in the town Grin

And... welcome2

jitg999
Hope for best

RetroFit
I got it finished today. I roasted a half pound last night with it and it did great. It's going to take me a little bit to figure out the right heat gun settings, but it's pretty easy to manage. My next test roast will be to see if it can manage a full pound. That was my initial goal.

Here's a short video (assuming I post it correctly):

I'll see about capturing a video of my next roast.
RetroFit attached the following images:
img_1116.jpg img_1115.jpg img_1114.jpg img_1113.jpg img_1112.jpg

JackH
Nicely done!

You can extend the life of your heat gun if you run it on cool (if it has it) for a while instead of just shutting it off. I find that it keeps the heat coil alive longer for me.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

RetroFit
Thanks for the tip. My gun does have a “cool” setting so I’ll be sure to use it.

renatoa
Good as dough mixer too Grin

Now, no joking, I guess this is just a demo, because speed is to slow as in video, for those wires, maybe good for paddles, like Gene.
The drill machine having variable speed, I am sure you will find the best agitation.

RetroFit
You are exactly right. That was just for a demonstration. When I am actually roasting I do set it at a higher speed.

mtbizzle

RetroFit wrote:

I got it finished today. I roasted a half pound last night with it and it did great. It's going to take me a little bit to figure out the right heat gun settings, but it's pretty easy to manage. My next test roast will be to see if it can manage a full pound. That was my initial goal.

Here's a short video (assuming I post it correctly):

I'll see about capturing a video of my next roast.

I love it! I like that you took the basics of the FSHG and added some bells and whistles. How is it faring for you?
Roast: Nostalgia popper
Grind: Comandante c40, Encore
Brew: v60, flair espresso, moka pot, french press, cezve w/ 'Scott Rao' water
Ask me about Tea!

yamhill
Nice! I like it. I can't quite figure out how you did the stirring arms. How did you make them?

John
Quest M3, IMEX digirosto 1500, various popcorn popper roasters, with TC4 logger, Quick Mill Vetrano, PIDed Rancilio Silvia espresso, Presso, Chemex, Hario, and Melitta drip, Cory and Yama vacuum/siphon, bodum french press, aeropress; Mazzer Major, Hario mini, and PeDe Dienes grinders - and a Nuova Simonelli Aurelia rebuilder in pieces

Jump to Forum: