Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

snwcmpr
· 03/25/2020 11:49 AM
New Rochelle in the news. I think of you every time I hear it. ... Please stay safe.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,587
Newest Member: Boki
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Capresso Infinity
DrHenley
Just a field report on this grinder.

I've been using a Capresso Infinity twice or more daily for seven years. I have never had a serious problem with it. A minor annoyance is that there are some places inside that trap the grounds, so I have to tap it a few times to get them all down.

I went through a number of other grinders and never had one that works as well or as long. Although it's hardly what you would call "silent" it is quieter and faster than any other grinder I've ever had, and produces less fines to clog up the filter.
i.imgur.com/7WOLTvP.png
Edited by DrHenley on 02/03/2020 5:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A morning without coffee is like a marriage without a honeymoon.

JackH
I used a different model Capresso for years before I bought the Encore. It was very reliable and great for drip or pour over grinds.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

DrHenley
I've read that some people can't get it fine enough for espresso or coarse enough for French Press with the Infinity, but since I only do pour over and drip, it doesn't affect me.

Should have specified, I'm using the 560.04 model. I see that there is a Infinity Plus model (575.05) that is 50% more expensive. And there is also an Infinity Plus model (570.01) that is about the same price. Does anyone know the difference? Capresso's web site doesn't really tell me anything other than the weight. The 560.04 weighs 3 pounds while the 575.05 weighs 7 pounds...quite a difference!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spyderman24-7
The only difference is the housing. The cheaper version is plastic and the 2 more expensive versions are 'metal'... I had the brushed aluminum finish model and I think the other is simply polished aluminum or maybe nickel plated. They all function the same, but some think the metal versions minimize static better.

DrHenley

Spyderman24-7 wrote:
They all function the same, but some think the metal versions minimize static better.

OK that makes sense. I do get a lot of static in dry weather with mine. If it ever kicks the bucket I'll get one of the metal ones.

Jump to Forum: