renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
First Bread Machine roaster, but it's running backwards
frostcall
Hello all, I've been roasting for a few years now using a whirley pop but I decided to up my game and move to a BMHG setup. I read several threads and thought I had it all figured out. When I roasted my first batch in the bread machine, I noticed that the paddle was running in reverse, going backwards compared to how it should run. This causes the pan to come loose while roasting which is less than ideal. I have attached a photo of my wiring with hopefully convenient labeling of wires. Do I simply need to swap Motor Red (MR) and Motor White (MW) to get it to run clockwise / the correct way?
https://imgur.com...

renatoa
welcome to forum
swapping wires to reverse rotation usually works for DC motors, not for AC, as this...

frostcall
Well darn. At least that means I probably wired it correctly!

frostcall
UPDATE: So I swapped Motor Red (MR) and Motor White (MW) to reverse the flow of electricity and it worked! It now runs clockwise (aka, the correct direction) and nothing blew up. :) Grin

allenb
We like success stories!

Let us know how the roasts come out when you get used to this one.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: