Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

CharcoalRoaster
11/04/2019 1:58 AM
+1 snwcmpr

snwcmpr
11/03/2019 2:16 AM
Can we make the shoutbox UNAVAILABLE until a member has a certain number of posts?

allenb
11/01/2019 2:20 AM
Funopt, please post in the gas and electric heat sources forum

Funopt
10/30/2019 5:17 AM
Can someone help me for using forced propane burner as my heating element. I rather want to use lpg than electric. Do you think it would work

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,240
Newest Member: SturdNerd
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
San Franciscan Roaster Co
allenb
Hi Nick and big welcome to HRO! You've got one beautiful San Franciscan roaster you're using and I envy you with the location your at. Beautiful area!

If you don't mind, please feel free to post about how you progressed from learning the art of coffee and roasting to where you're at now. I'm sure a lot of our members would like to hear about how you did it and the challenges.

Cheers!
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

San Franciscan Roaster Co
allenb wrote:

Hi Nick and big welcome to HRO! You've got one beautiful San Franciscan roaster you're using and I envy you with the location your at. Beautiful area!

If you don't mind, please feel free to post about how you progressed from learning the art of coffee and roasting to where you're at now. I'm sure a lot of our members would like to hear about how you did it and the challenges.

Cheers!

So Rad! Thanks for the warm welcome. And yes, you can't beat Lake Tahoe. Do you ever visit? If so, let's definitely do coffee and chairlifts. Love to share my story...

My story is just as anyone else's... had a romantic experience with coffee that led to a fascination, then obsession. From my past in snowboarding though, I really enjoyed the idea of coffee as a clean fuel source for outdoor active lifestyle. Transitioned from my previous career to coffee roasting over the course of 7 years, from education to apprenticeships to production roasting and then launching our roastery: DRINK COFFEE DO STUFF.

At first coffee roasting was as much daunting as it was intriguing. Endemically, we call it a dark art because of how trade secrets are kept just that, secrets. Through my journey though I began to realize coffee roasting was accessible, obtainable and achievable. Now roasting for about 5 years commercially, I've roasted on all machine from at home prototypes to fluid bed and drum roasters. The most fortunate piece of equipment I came across was the SFR-1; as we roast at 6000' in Lake Tahoe, this machine allowed me to master altitude roasting with little expense of wasting green coffee AND it translates perfectly to SFR's commercial machines. We now use my SFR-1 as a sample roaster multiple times a week.

Love to answer any more specific questions as well, if there are any.

Thanks for the warm welcome and look forward to continue participating in everyone's roasting journey, mine too.

allenb
Thanks for sharing a brief version of your story with us.
No, never been to Lake Tahoe but got close during a visit to Carl Staub's Agtron shop in Reno when attending his seminar covering his scientific roasting system product. Wish I could have made it to your area. I'm from Colorado so I have a fond memory of that environment and is the perfect place for the romantic journey and obsession with coffee to take root.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

snwcmpr
Looks like a post was deleted.

I grew up camping at Tahoe since I was a kid in the 50's. Nevada beach and Fallen Leaf lake mostly. Most recently I took my wife to Nevada Beach and camped a few days. A 6 week road trip, she thought that camp was the best, or close.
You gotta a swim in Tahoe at least once.

Are you a rep of the company?

Ken
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

Jump to Forum: