Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 02/11/2020 1:10 PM
The shoutbox is meant for short announcements and will disappear in time. Please create a post in the forum.

jqaman
· 02/11/2020 9:35 AM
The Behmor lol

snwcmpr
· 02/10/2020 10:25 AM
CoffeeRoastersClub
is a member.

rogguy
· 02/06/2020 7:24 AM
Searched but no can find, but does anyone on here use the roasters made by CRC (Coffee Roasters Club) in Connecticut?

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 02/05/2020 2:50 PM
Thanks NetriX!

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
Alaroast

Total Members: 6,416
Newest Member: Mbb
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Fluid Bed Roaster Build - bye bye Heat Gun and Flour Sifter
jbrux4

Husamka wrote:

I am thinking to buy ( 4" BOROSILICATE TRI CLAMP SIGHT GLASS WITH GASKETS AND TRI CLAMPS) its same like yours plus (two Hinge Tri Clamps and two Silicone Gaskets). do you recommend that or there is a reason that you ordered only the Tri Clamp sight glass without the clamps ?

https://shop.distillery-equipment.com/products/3-protected-borosilicate-tri-clamp-sight-glass-with-gaskets-and-tri-clamps-1?_pos=1&_sid=e3bad1f67&_ss=r

No particular reason. You should be just fine.
R/
Jared

jbrux4
I've roasted 6 pounds so far, and I think I have my thermocouples figured out. They are off. Yep, that's it. They are off. How much you say? Enough to know that they are off. But, at least they are consistently off. I think my ET is to high while my BT is too low. But, at least I have BT sending a signal. After a few more roasts I may commit to an offset to put me more in the ball park I guess. Then I can actually attempt some automation - perhaps, at some point...

However, sight, sound, and smell work great - almost every time. I love this thing. It is awesome. So glad I fell down the rabbit hole AND drank the potion.
R/
Jared

jbrux4
I have been coming up with a way to track what I have purchased, roasted, and sold. Yep, already selling!! The roasting data will get better when utilizing Artisan and/or Roastlogger - I'm just not there yet, so I built this out of necessity. I will continue to modify into the future, but it has helped me corral all that I have going on. My goal is to expand it to include a break even point which includes the cost of the roaster.

Maybe it could be of some use to others. It is attached.
jbrux4 attached the following file:
coffee_tracker.7z [24.02kB / 15 Downloads]

R/
Jared

Jump to Forum: