Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

snwcmpr
10/16/2019 2:52 PM
Thank you for all you guys do.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,196
Newest Member: donfromindy
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Thermocouple
Husamka
I need your advice for best K Thermocouple Probe. currently I use 5mm diameter and it's reaction is too slow. any specific brand which you recommend and if 3mm diameter will be better? I will use it with FluidBed roaster. Thanks

renatoa
I am using this, but not in FB:

https://www.ebay....2278734067

Can't argue it is best because the behaviour depends much of medium you are measuring, that's why are different sheath designs around.

For fluid bed the probe placement matters enormously, you know ?
I think even your 5mm could give you good results, if placed correctly.

Husamka
renatoa, Sure I would like to know how the probe placement will affect the behaviour from you. thanks

renatoa
In theory is simple, you should measure as much beans temperature as possible, and as less air as possible... which is mission impossible for a fluid bed machine Grin
But the simple definition above should give you some hints: far for main hot air entrance, in an area where beans have slowest motion, packed together, not levitating in the air column.
For a better answer we need to know more about your machine. There are popcorn based machines, whose vortex airflow has a significantly different pattern than the vertical jet/fountain machines. There are symmetrical and asymmetrical machines... etc. each having different best placement location.

Jump to Forum: