Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hi everyone!
Masha
Hi all,

My name is Masha, I've just joined this forum. I've been interested in roasting coffee at home for a while already, and yesterday I had my first home roasting experience - roasted a 100g of green beans in a frying pan. The result is surprisingly nice, but there is a huge room for experiments and improvement!

I'm looking forward to learn at this forum, improve my skills and get to know people passionate about coffee.

Cheers!

allenb
Hi Masha, and welcome to Homeroasters! Please tell us a little about yourself and what green coffee you are roasting.

Cheers, Welcome

HRO
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Masha
Thanks for a warm welcome!

I roast Sumatra Gayo green beans and use a non-stick skillet as for the first try. I've tried a few times already and am working on better stove temperature and time of the first crack. My goal is to get a light city roast with more pronounced acidity.

I think I will continue to experiment with a skillet as I'm not ready yet to invest in a roasting machine bbq

It would be great if someone could get a few beginner tips for best practices of using a skillet for roasting.

Cheers,
Masha

jonuk vietal
hey there, nice to have you here!
Be the best you you can

https://coffeforus.com
Jump to Forum: