Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 4:31 AM
Awesome I sent an email to AllenB and JackH The email to JackH failed. I had screenshots of my settings.

allenb
08/18/2019 3:37 AM
Jack and I are enlisting help from our PHP site admin to try and solve as soon as possible. Thanks for letting us know.

snwcmpr
08/18/2019 2:53 AM
I got another PM last night......... No email notice.

snwcmpr
08/17/2019 7:36 AM
Email address correct. I constantly check junk folder. I turned off, then on, the setting to receive notice.

JackH
08/17/2019 7:10 AM
Also check that there are no spam filters set for email.

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,094
Newest Member: dweiss2
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Rotisserie Toaster Oven?
JackH
It was just a thought.
If he can see my post, I still have the original attachment for my photo but I also reference yours.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

JitterzZ
I just added the thumbs back, so maybe that will fix it.

Beanstormer
Ok guys, back to the original topic if you don't mind.
So I went ahead with my plan of rewiring my toaster oven, and moved the positive wire for the rotisserie motor
and crimped it to the positive wire for the convection motor at the panel selector switch. This enables me to rotate the drum in the convection mode with full control of the temperature dial, instead of the fixed temperature in the rotisserie setting without the convection. I did this in total respect of others members input that a higher rpm motor
will work even better, I'm sure you're right. On the other hand, if this oven can be made into an effective coffee roaster by just switching one wire, that ought to be verified. If it can be made even better with a little more tinkering, that's even more fun.
Swapping the wire was totally easy. Getting the metal back cover on and off the oven took the most time since it was a tight fit. Once that was done, I had to roast another batch since the last one tasted a little more burnt than the
beans appeared.
I did my second roast yesterday afternoon, and brewed my first two cups tonight. I'm pretty pleased with my progress, since I got a nice smooth cup of Columbian. This time I ran the rotating drum with the convection on at 450. It took about 11 minutes to start the first crack, which continued sporadically over a few minutes. I pulled the drum out just as the first crack started to subside, and ended up with a very even roast. One other thing worth mentioning, is that I used the supplied drip pan in the bottom of the oven, which worked great for collecting all the
chaff, and made cleanup a snap. Using a bright LED work lamp also made it easy to see how dark the beans were getting as well.
Beanstormer attached the following images:
convectionroast.jpg revised_setup.jpg oven_guts.jpg

Jump to Forum: