JackH
04/23/2019 10:55 AM
Hello Ken! What's roasting?

snwcmpr
04/22/2019 5:07 AM
Hi all.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 1
JackH

Total Members: 5,920
Newest Member: xoffender
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hottop KN-8828B-2K+ Roast Speed Slowing
theshipandthewhale
I've had this machine for about two years, and did a large cleaning a few months ago with filter replacement. I'm looking now at roast profiles from when I first got the machine, and it's taking a lot longer for the same roast now than it did new. I'm also seeing a much lower topping point. Seems like it's struggling to perform the same. Any ideas?

Gullygossner
Are you roasting in the same location as previous? Would be with checking mains voltage at the outlet you use for roasting as you could potentially have variation at different times of day or locations in your home.

rgrosz78
It sounds like there may be a problem with your heating element. Touch base with Randy at Hottop, he will have suggestions for you to try.
Life is too short to drink bad wine ... or bad coffee!

www.softwarepolish.com
baldheadracing
FYI, Randy is no longer at Hottop.

fatboytx
A lot longer? Could you elaborate. My understanding is that tipping relates to the beans ... not the roaster. Density I think. Its a year later, hopefully different beans, probably a diff ambient temperature and maybe diff humidity. The only thing that seems the same to me is the HotTop itself. It only takes a tiny change in these things to change the roast. I mean a tiny change.

I have a B2k and do manual roasting. I will do 3-4 roasts each time I get the machine out. Clean the machine a bit between roasts but very well each time I put it away. Each roast is slightly different. Dunno ... residual heat probably; a thermal inertia. My strategy is simple and it works fairly well: 7 ounces, 270F bean drop, 4 mins to end of dry, 4 mins to 1st crack and 4 mins to bean eject. I have to adjust fan and heat the entire time but it all works out well as long as I buy beans in my taste profile.

Jump to Forum: