JackH
04/23/2019 10:55 AM
Hello Ken! What's roasting?

snwcmpr
04/22/2019 5:07 AM
Hi all.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,920
Newest Member: xoffender
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Selling the roasted beans
I'm in an area with LOTS of pro-roasters. I often produce a most-excellent roast that friends rave for.

I'd LOVE to do this full time ( since I don't work anyway ) but wondered if there was enough profit
in it to make it worth while - even break-even + a few dollars.

There are LOTS of high-end and middle-end stores that sell the Pro-Stuff, and lots of eateries as well.

Thought about setting up a website (city_name_Coffee.com) and offer home delivery as well.. there are
lots of wealthy folks around here ( high-density-population ) that would go for it I think.
It's bad luck to be superstitious

JitterzZ
I say go for it, what's the worst that can happen, you end up drinking a lot of delicious coffee?pouring
YouTube has plenty of channels with people doing exactly what you are considering, you should check it out. https://www.youtu...g+business
BBQ grill
Edited by JitterzZ on 03/30/2019 12:05 PM

CharcoalRoaster
When I ran the numbers after a similar thought you have to have pretty significant volumes of roasted/sold beans to be profitable after equipment, compensation for your time, etc.

Wholesale is the way to end up making money/breaking even at least when I ran the number here.

Good luck!

Monarda
When I did some quick math I realized I would need to roast and sell a high volume to make real money, but, easier profit if I sold coffee diluted in water or if I became an importer/ seller of greens.

Jump to Forum: