JackH
04/23/2019 10:55 AM
Hello Ken! What's roasting?

snwcmpr
04/22/2019 5:07 AM
Hi all.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,920
Newest Member: xoffender
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My drum/bbq roaster
kwrcst
Hi all.

So this will be a drum roaster that uses a gas grill for a base. It has 3 burners in the grill and can reach 700+ degrees while cooking so I should be good on heat. The first thing I did was take the thermal shield from the lid and cover the grill top. I will weld up a small flue that the drum will sit on and give me enough clearance for a bean drop chute. I’m going to build out a cooler and attach it to the side. Right now I’m perforating the inner drum. That is a pain. Next steps will be to finish the drums. And get them mounted. Then I’ll build the cooler/exhaust system. Lastly, I will install the motor and cut the face for the outer drum for the bean door, sight window, temp probe and traier if I can figure that out. Any suggestions on a motor would be greatly appreciated
kwrcst attached the following images:
innerdrum.jpg grilltop.jpg grill.jpg outerdrum.jpg

Edited by kwrcst on 03/28/2019 1:54 PM

kwrcst
Update. I have the heat shield installed with the homemade Flue welded in place and the outer drum installed. I have also completed the inner drum to shaft instal. I need to figure vane config but I will wait until I get the motor and confirm the turning direction. My luck I will install the vanes backwards. I think I will use a thicker steel plate for the from rather than the stainless lid that came with the pot. this will allow me to add the drop door, intake tube and trier easier. This thin metal is a killer to weld. Yes, My welds are horrible but they hold. That's good enough for now.
I can get the inner chamber up to 500 deg without a front panel attached so I think I can get another 50175 out of it with it sealed up. Not that I will need 600+ degrees. Anyway, just a quick update. If you have a suggestion for a motor, I would appreciate it.
kwrcst attached the following images:
inside_drum.jpg img_4280.jpg img_4281.jpg

Jump to Forum: