Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pokeronlinejakarta
10/13/2019 7:27 PM
Jakarta Poker adalah situs agen poker online terpercaya dna terbaik yang dapat diakses dengan aman dan nyaman

koriglman
10/13/2019 6:09 PM
Male Guide Reviews Some of the common supplements used to assist you lose weight are: Hoodia can be an herbal supplement that is very popular in programs designed to help you lose excess fat. It is em

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseƱo para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,181
Newest Member: peihsiemhsu
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Main Power Supply
CharcoalRoaster
I've just about completed my larger FB roaster build and need to address the issue of getting sufficient power to run it. I've got a 13amp 120v vac motor for my blower and a 240v 4500w heating element. Problem is I don't have any breakers/receptacle in my garage that can handle those loads. So, here is where I need some input as I see two options to address this:

(1) Install new breakers/receptacles in my garage
(2) Utilize this GFCI Spa Panel that I was going to use in a homebrew e-rig that I dismantled. It's got one 50a 240v and one 20a 120v breaker already installed and wired up connected to a 30' whip that can reach my dryer receptacle.

https://www.dropb...2.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropb...4.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropb...6.JPG?dl=0

Pros: no need to wire anything new. I already have everything I need.
Cons: I have to run the whip all the way to my dryer receptacle any time I want to roast.

Thoughts? Concerns? Questions? Thanks!
Edited by CharcoalRoaster on 03/25/2019 1:08 PM

CharcoalRoaster
Bump - any insight would be greatly appreciated!

JitterzZ
If it were my build, it would come down to safety, my personal preference, and my situation. For example: Would I need to use my roaster everyday or just once a Week, etc.? For a large FB roaster it would be better for me if everything were hardwired. On the other hand, I get much more satisfaction anytime I can DIY as much as possible. If you can afford hardwired then I would personally go that route, as dealing with the kind of juice that you're talking about (240) is not something that I would care to play with every time that I want to roast some coffee. A single thread on your build would also be much more helpful in understanding what might be helpful to you.bbq

Jump to Forum: