Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

snwcmpr
10/16/2019 2:52 PM
Thank you for all you guys do.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 1
CK

Total Members: 6,196
Newest Member: donfromindy
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
caffeine content?
kwrcst
Good morning all

This may be a dumb question but is there a bean that has more kick than others? I see ad's online for things like "Deathwish" coffee and a few others that are suppose to be crazy strong and I wonder what bean they use. I like a good strong espresso and wondered how to find out what greens are on the market that are stronger than others as far as caffeine goes

thanks

Wiz Kalita
As far as I know, Death Wish use a lot of robusta, which has about twice the caffeine content of arabica, however it's not as tasty. Personally I recommend that if you want twice as much caffeine you should stick to the beans that make the coffee taste the best and drink twice as much coffee. :)

There is a paper that looked at the content of beans of a different origin from some local coffee shop. The Costa Rican coffee had the highest content, but they don't say anything about whether it's pure arabica or not.
http://www.pkdiet.com/pdf/CaffeineSpecialtyCoffee.pdf

kwrcst
thanks. I may just have to drink twice as much. My Kidney's will thank me later I'm sure

Jump to Forum: