Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
03/20/2019 4:17 AM
Eth Yirg Nat Idido Gr1 today.

snwcmpr
03/18/2019 8:15 AM
1 lb roasted lasts a week. I can taste the flavor increase to peak, then drop after. Still very good, but interesting to follow the wave of flavor rise and fall.

snwcmpr
03/11/2019 4:10 PM
Roasted Panama Gesha Esmeralda yesterday. Yummy.

Beebee74
03/11/2019 3:10 PM
I seem to have lost any roasting touch I thought I had. Very frustrated to be wasting time and money. I’m hoping someone can provide some insight on roasting at high altitude. I’m at 4400ft. Thank

aicardo
03/07/2019 8:50 AM
tb

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,862
Newest Member: falllake2000
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Blower > Heat > Min distance???
CharcoalRoaster
I'm starting to dry fit the components to my new FB build. Is there a min distance I need to keep between the outlet of the blower and the inlet of the heat element chamber?

Also, will the perforated steel under my blower inlet restrict airflow too much?

https://www.dropb...2.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropb...3.JPG?dl=0

CoffeeInterest
First: I am happy someone is using an ammo can. I was trying to figure out if I could do that for my build to no avail.

You will have plenty of airflow with the perf underneath it. Shouldn’t be an issue. If it is... just cut a hole out.

CharcoalRoaster
I'm finalizing connections from the ammo can heater housing to the pipe that will feed the RC.

What is the heat rating on EMT connectors? I can use a 2" one to connect to some steel pipe but want to make sure the EMT that feeds in/out of the ammo can:

(1) Doesn't melt/explode
(2) Won't poison me

You know... the little things in life Roflmao

CoffeeInterest
I would not use conduit for this part of the roaster. It could be okay if it was not heated.

Use triclamp fittings as much as you can. Bulkhead adapters are great to transition from a box to triclamp. High quality stainless.

CharcoalRoaster
Agreed triclamp fittings would be the obvious and best option but I had these lying around and didn't know what the heat rating was or if they would melt give off toxins etc. I thought these were steel?

beanchucker
Using tc fittings for my build but have not figured out a good way to support them as they pass through my box (1''mdf).

What sort of bulkheads are you referring to CoffeeInterest?

Jump to Forum: