Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

allenb
03/30/2019 3:46 AM
Spammer babble from me and others have been removed from Centrifugal Roasters Thread. From here on we will toss them immediately. ThumbsUp

jpworks
03/27/2019 11:15 PM
What’s the preferred way to upload pics from iPhone?

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,915
Newest Member: ignabel
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Mexican Chiapas from coffee bean corral
kwrcst
hi all. any suggestions for how to roast these?

https://www.coffe...IAPAS.aspx

they don't give much info about them. I'm trying to figure out what degree of roast unlocks the most flavor. I did some to just before 2nd Crack and it worked well for espresso but I wanted to see what else I can do. I use a freshroast SR500.

I'm going to play with the dark side but didn't know if anyone had success for drip with this or is it best to use as a part of a blend.

thanks
Edited by JackH on 01/28/2019 6:46 AM

specialreserve
kwrcst wrote:

hi all. any suggestions for how to roast these?

https://www.coffeebeancorral.com/www/Products/Mexican-Chiapas-__MEXCHIAPAS.aspx

they don't give much info about them. I'm trying to figure out what degree of roast unlocks the most flavor. I did some to just before 2nd Crack and it worked well for espresso but I wanted to see what else I can do. I use a freshroast SR500.

I'm going to play with the dark side but didn't know if anyone had success for drip with this or is it best to use as a part of a blend.

thanks

We love Mexican coffee and roast a lot of it. My wife I think has a couple regionals and one really nice micro. She roasts virtually all of them to the first snap or two of second crack. If you time it perfectly you will get a nice carmelization without much if any oil on the bean. Great for espresso or brew coffee. We are not fans of tasting the roast in the coffee. I know that is a personal preference but that first couple snaps and dump and cool will get you that deeper flavor without the roasty thing.

I am not familiar with the particular bean you are roasting but we mostly have smaller lots. Just cupped about 5 different ones and really only found one that was a really good coffee. So it really has a lot to do with the bean itself.
"friends dont let friends drink bad coffee"

Jump to Forum: