renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Mexican Chiapas from coffee bean corral
kwrcst
hi all. any suggestions for how to roast these?

https://www.coffe...IAPAS.aspx

they don't give much info about them. I'm trying to figure out what degree of roast unlocks the most flavor. I did some to just before 2nd Crack and it worked well for espresso but I wanted to see what else I can do. I use a freshroast SR500.

I'm going to play with the dark side but didn't know if anyone had success for drip with this or is it best to use as a part of a blend.

thanks
Edited by JackH on 01/28/2019 6:46 AM

specialreserve
kwrcst wrote:

https://www.coffeebeancorral.com/www/Products/Mexican-Chiapas-__MEXCHIAPAS.aspx

they don't give much info about them. I'm trying to figure out what degree of roast unlocks the most flavor. I did some to just before 2nd Crack and it worked well for espresso but I wanted to see what else I can do. I use a freshroast SR500.

I'm going to play with the dark side but didn't know if anyone had success for drip with this or is it best to use as a part of a blend.

thanks

We love Mexican coffee and roast a lot of it. My wife I think has a couple regionals and one really nice micro. She roasts virtually all of them to the first snap or two of second crack. If you time it perfectly you will get a nice carmelization without much if any oil on the bean. Great for espresso or brew coffee. We are not fans of tasting the roast in the coffee. I know that is a personal preference but that first couple snaps and dump and cool will get you that deeper flavor without the roasty thing.

I am not familiar with the particular bean you are roasting but we mostly have smaller lots. Just cupped about 5 different ones and really only found one that was a really good coffee. So it really has a lot to do with the bean itself.
"friends dont let friends drink bad coffee"

kwrcst
specialreserve wrote:

kwrcst wrote:

https://www.coffeebeancorral.com/www/Products/Mexican-Chiapas-__MEXCHIAPAS.aspx

thanks

We love Mexican coffee and roast a lot of it. My wife I think has a couple regionals and one really nice micro. She roasts virtually all of them to the first snap or two of second crack. If you time it perfectly you will get a nice carmelization without much if any oil on the bean. Great for espresso or brew coffee. We are not fans of tasting the roast in the coffee. I know that is a personal preference but that first couple snaps and dump and cool will get you that deeper flavor without the roasty thing.

I am not familiar with the particular bean you are roasting but we mostly have smaller lots. Just cupped about 5 different ones and really only found one that was a really good coffee. So it really has a lot to do with the bean itself.

what are the beans you use from mexico? I have dialed in the time/temp on the air roaster and have found that "Caramel" flavor just into 2nd crack.

Jump to Forum: