Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

allenb
03/30/2019 3:46 AM
Spammer babble from me and others have been removed from Centrifugal Roasters Thread. From here on we will toss them immediately. ThumbsUp

jpworks
03/27/2019 11:15 PM
What’s the preferred way to upload pics from iPhone?

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,915
Newest Member: ignabel
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gas 2kg Upgrade recommendation needed
kattatak
I've been consumed in the research of what to upgrade to from a FreshRoast SR500 to a real gas roaster with ample production (back to back), profiling software, 2k production. I haven't found quite the right answer for my situation as everyone has such unique needs & wants.

I live on solar power, so I after lots of failed batches with the popper & Fresh Roast SR500 I've surmised that electric roasters are not going to work where I live. Friends & Family are enjoying my roasts now that I've got the FR doing what it's supposed to, but it's definitely not sustaining the demand.

I need to find a gas roaster that will be a good tool to learn from and take me into small production. Suggestions from people so far have been the Huky and the Cormorant. I'm not a tinkerer so the Huky doesn't appeal to me if I have to assemble it. The Cormorant will take a few months which is too long to wait.

Ultimately I will need to upgrade to a 10-15llb, but jumping from a FR SR500 to even a 5lb from what I've read would be very daunting. My budget is somewhat open, but spending $2-$3k (Huky) and then again $10k+ doesn't make sense, so there is where I'm trying to decide at my level, what to zero in on.

Can a beginner jump into a TJ 067? Has anyone had the experience going from a small home roaster to a commercial 1-2k? They sound awesome + A1 customer service but come with a hefty pricetag for the beginner.

My ultimate end goal (in time) is to produce enough for business, farmers markets, stores & online. I'm experienced in business enough to know what it takes. What I'm lacking right now is a real roaster.

I appreciate your feedback & recommendations.

JitterzZ
This might be an acceptable upgrade for you to tackle ( KKTO-electric )https://forum.hom...rowstart=0
( Honey Badger 1k-Gas ) https://forum.hom...ad_id=2521
Edited by JitterzZ on 01/19/2019 12:36 PM

kattatak
Thanks, I'll check it out, I've not looked into that one yet.

JitterzZ
rockon

kattatak
cross fingers

Ringo
I was roasting on a small roaster when I built my 5 pound roaster. It took me a few roast to get the roast control process. I bought some floor sweeps from a local roaster to condition the drum and pratice. After that I was drinking what I roasted. That was 9 years ago and hundred of roast ago and I continue to change how I roast but I enjoyed learning. I never sell any coffee I just give it to family and friends so they do not complain if it’s a bad roast.
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain

JitterzZ
Ringo wrote:

I was roasting on a small roaster when I built my 5 pound roaster. It took me a few roast to get the roast control process. I bought some floor sweeps from a local roaster to condition the drum and pratice. After that I was drinking what I roasted. That was 9 years ago and hundred of roast ago and I continue to change how I roast but I enjoyed learning. I never sell any coffee I just give it to family and friends so they do not complain if it’s a bad roast.

Thank you for the roasting wisdom. Cheerscoffee drink

nomadjeff
JitterzZ wrote:

Ringo wrote:

Thank you for the roasting wisdom. Cheerscoffee drink

These are some good tips you've shared :) thanks

Jump to Forum: