Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

allenb
03/30/2019 3:46 AM
Spammer babble from me and others have been removed from Centrifugal Roasters Thread. From here on we will toss them immediately. ThumbsUp

jpworks
03/27/2019 11:15 PM
What’s the preferred way to upload pics from iPhone?

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,915
Newest Member: ignabel
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Modified SR700 300g Fluid-Bed Roaster
eltakeiteasy
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have been working on building a home roaster. I came across CK build and it blew me away. I asked him for recommendations and he recommended I start a thread to talk about the roaster I am building to get more ideas.

I decided to start with the base from my FreshRoast SR700 since I spent some time writing python scripts to get FreshRoast talking with Artisan and I was able to roast up to 200g with a larger glass chamber.

I integrated a Phidget setup and cyclone chaff collector. I am in the process of modifying the top to help ease the workflow of set up and take down.

I am currently trying to figure the best way to go from the roast chamber to the chaff collection. I tried to post a few pictures but I need to edit them to meet the site requirements so pictures coming soon. For now here is a link to my current setup. Used a hose as a temporary POC to make sure the cyclone was working correctly.

imgur.com/a/dTzxEgu

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Edited by allenb on 01/10/2019 12:46 PM

eltakeiteasy
Hey all, here is a quick update. Any other ideas are greatly appreciated!

eltakeiteasy
FrankenRoast vr.2 is alive! This version is a bit more streamlined with the addition of a bean loading funnel to allow for pre-heated charges:

eltakeiteasy
Here's the latest updates:

eltakeiteasy
Full PID working!

Jump to Forum: