JackH
01/04/2019 10:55 AM
2 years today...Miss you Ginny!

JETROASTER
01/04/2019 4:24 AM
A little shout for the G'ster. 2 yrs. roar

allenb
12/27/2018 5:14 AM
Hi Brandon, please disregard the "please update". I think we're all up to speed now. The need for cache clearing get's me every time! limb

NetriX
12/26/2018 11:36 AM
Update? pouring Merry Christmas back atcha

allenb
12/26/2018 3:07 AM
Merry Christmas Brandon. Please update soon! christmas tree

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,772
Newest Member: Norse roaster
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Ozo - 20.00
Josh Woodrow - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Make "CR3" part of TC4 family?
mg512
Hi all,

as some of you know, I have made a TC4-like Arduino shield, so far codenamed "CR3". I began offering this to people on here earlier this year when the original TC4 became unavailable. The whole thing started very ad-hoc - there was people looking for boards, and I had a few extra ones left over.

Going forward, I want to make things more thought through and clearer for everyone. To this end, I am thinking it would make sense to officially make the board part of the TC4 "family". It's a bit like the TC4C - the board is essentially a TC4 + extras. Hence I was thinking of renaming it "TC4X" or "TC4+" or similar.

I am also planning to make the schematics and board layout files available on github under a CC-BY-NC-SA license, so that the project will stay available even if in the future I myself get tied up in other things (just want to sort out a proper name for the board before I do that).

What do you all think? I realise that the TC4 is a community project, and I want to make sure that everyone is happy for me to get involved in this way.

Cheers,
Matthias

Want to Help?
By donating you can ensure that HR will continue to be open for years to come. Expenses are 100% transparent and can be viewed publicly at all times. You can find more information on donations and why we request them by reading up on the forum topic here. Thank you.

fransgo
Wonderful initiative!

renatoa
You are not alone, a TC4ESP will follow soon Grin

mg512
Ah, yes, I'm considering something like that in the long term too. ;)

JackH
I think it is a good idea to keep a general family name and add extensions to show the differences.

Thanks Matthias, for keeping it going, it is a worthy device.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

mg512
Thank you for your kind words, Jack. :)

And great - I take it everyone is happy for me to make this a TC4 variant. :) I am hereby naming the board the "TC4+" then. More updates to follow.

greencardigan
I agree that a variation of the TC4 name is a good idea. TC4+ sounds good to me.

CK
Good name choice. Creates anticipation for the extras this board has...

mg512
Great! Thank you, everyone, for the wonderful comments and encouragement.

The TC4+ is now available on Tindie! https://www.tindi...no-shield/

And the source files are on Github: https://github.co...ter-shield

Jump to Forum: