Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
03/20/2019 4:17 AM
Eth Yirg Nat Idido Gr1 today.

snwcmpr
03/18/2019 8:15 AM
1 lb roasted lasts a week. I can taste the flavor increase to peak, then drop after. Still very good, but interesting to follow the wave of flavor rise and fall.

snwcmpr
03/11/2019 4:10 PM
Roasted Panama Gesha Esmeralda yesterday. Yummy.

Beebee74
03/11/2019 3:10 PM
I seem to have lost any roasting touch I thought I had. Very frustrated to be wasting time and money. I’m hoping someone can provide some insight on roasting at high altitude. I’m at 4400ft. Thank

aicardo
03/07/2019 8:50 AM
tb

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,862
Newest Member: falllake2000
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
TC4 to Arduino
RoastBeans
I received the TC4 and seeking help getting it to talk to the Arduino. Here’s a link to the following steps I did by numbered order.

Part 1
https://mandrilla...MFwiXX0ifQ
1. I've installed the latest Arduino.

Part 2
2. From the link, provided by Brad, I've copied all the Artisan Library Files to the Arduino Library.
3. I’ve selected the Arduino Uno and the USB port. Then, connected the TC4 to Arduino.
4. From the link, provided by Brad, I've downloaded aArtisanQ_PID_6_7. I then opened Documents>Arduino>aArtisan>aArtisan.ino file, which loaded Arduino.
The file has 6 tabs: aArtisan, MemoryFree.cpp, MemoryFree.h, cmndreader.cpp, user.h
I clicked Verify, then Upload.
There’s nothing on my LCD except black squares. When I click Serial Monitor, nothing appears.

Part 3
5. On serial monitor, I’ve selected 19200 baud and my COM3 shows the UNO. I typed in chan, 1234 and pressed Send. Nothing.

Thanks in advance.

CK
When my LCD wasn't displaying it was because the contrast POT on the back of the I2C board needed adjusting. The data was there but not visible. Maybe try adjusting the POT...

greencardigan
I think you have possibly loaded the wrong sketch? The sketch in the version 6_7 link I provided is called aArtisanQ_PID.ino.

There should be more than 6 tabs in arduino when you open the version 6_7 sketch.

And you also need to ensure the library folders you copies were from the version 6_7 zip folder too.

You should probably review all the options in user.h tab before loading. The version 6_7 folder should contain a guide pdf to help you with the user.h options.

RoastBeans
greencardigan wrote:

I think you have possibly loaded the wrong sketch? The sketch in the version 6_7 link I provided is called aArtisanQ_PID.ino.

There should be more than 6 tabs in arduino when you open the version 6_7 sketch.

And you also need to ensure the library folders you copies were from the version 6_7 zip folder too.

You should probably review all the options in user.h tab before loading. The version 6_7 folder should contain a guide pdf to help you with the user.h options.

Thank you for replying. I deleted everything and started over, using the version 6_7. Arduino now talks to the TC4, as I can see the readings on my LCD_I2C display.
I had one question, after it uploaded to Arduino (at the bottom) it states in orange font Low memory available, stability problems may occur.
Should I worry about this? As, it states the sketch uses (75%) of the storage space.

greencardigan
It should be ok. There was memory issues at one stage with older versions but I optimised some of the code to reduce the size. The warning still appears, but I am not aware of any stability issues occuring in the current versions. Just for the record, my Arduino was randomly locking up/freezing when I was having the low memory problems previously.

Jump to Forum: