Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
03/18/2019 8:15 AM
1 lb roasted lasts a week. I can taste the flavor increase to peak, then drop after. Still very good, but interesting to follow the wave of flavor rise and fall.

snwcmpr
03/11/2019 4:10 PM
Roasted Panama Gesha Esmeralda yesterday. Yummy.

Beebee74
03/11/2019 3:10 PM
I seem to have lost any roasting touch I thought I had. Very frustrated to be wasting time and money. I’m hoping someone can provide some insight on roasting at high altitude. I’m at 4400ft. Thank

aicardo
03/07/2019 8:50 AM
tb

Husamka
03/05/2019 2:32 PM
husamka

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,857
Newest Member: efesu
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Roasting in the Old Days
CK
Hello all, thank you for supporting/contributing all your efforts to this site. It's a great help for new hobbyists to acquire insight to the skill needed to be a roaster, or make a roaster.

As a new member and fellow coffee fan I thought some of you might like this footage of traditional coffee roasting from days gone by... don't want to forget our roots...

Actually, it a recent video of how many people still roast in rural parts of South America. We've come a long way, but the passion is the same...

Great video thanks for sharing.

When I first started, I used a thick stainless pot I picked up at GoodWill and roasted over my grill. This was to date the BEST coffee I ever made. The problem of course is duplicating the results, temp, etc.

If I could dupe the results of my Hawaiian and Columbia Supremo I'd never work another day...

CK
Every year when I travel south we enjoy coffee from this method of roasting. It's pretty good... Duplication is the challenge because of using a wood fire as your heat source. It takes a bit of skill to preheat the pot and coals just right before beginning, and to keep the bean agitation just right. (Some smooth out the roast by mixing multiple batches and blending it with a percentage of roasted barley.)

Jump to Forum: