JackH
01/04/2019 10:55 AM
2 years today...Miss you Ginny!

JETROASTER
01/04/2019 4:24 AM
A little shout for the G'ster. 2 yrs. roar

allenb
12/27/2018 5:14 AM
Hi Brandon, please disregard the "please update". I think we're all up to speed now. The need for cache clearing get's me every time! limb

NetriX
12/26/2018 11:36 AM
Update? pouring Merry Christmas back atcha

allenb
12/26/2018 3:07 AM
Merry Christmas Brandon. Please update soon! christmas tree

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,772
Newest Member: Norse roaster
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Ozo - 20.00
Josh Woodrow - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
TC4 and roaster setup.
a1970gto
The heater value displayed 0, I would hit my heater+5 button and it would go to 5 for a second, then drop back to 0. I do not have my pots set up, they're not enabled in the user.h file, nor connected yet.

greencardigan
Maybe Artisan was controlling the heater automatically and trying to set it to zero?

a1970gto
Ya, I believe that is the case, I think I’m understanding the software better now. Rather, starting to understand I don’t have a clue what I’m doing.

So once I have my roaster figured out, like what temps drying phase ends, first crack starts and ends, etc. Then I start modifying ramp/soak, or where do I go to start understanding all of that. Is the artisan webpage a good place to get the basics down?

a1970gto
I've got a couple of successful roasts under my belt. I've still got a long way to go on the Artisan software. but either way I'm getting 1lb out of a roast, 5 times the amount I could do in my popcorn popper. Thanks to everyone for the help so far. I'll post more pics once I get things more permanently put together.

CK
a1970gto wrote:

The heater value displayed 0, I would hit my heater+5 button and it would go to 5 for a second, then drop back to 0.

Did you figure out what was causing the system to override your desired button command?

I'm having a similar issue, but my heater does the opposite... I press the custom Heater off button in Artisan; the heater shuts off, goes to 0 for a second, and then jumps back to the previous power setting it had before I pushed the Heater off button.

I have to click the Artisan OFF button (top screen) to stop the heater, but that shuts the fan off as well. Then I restart the fan using a custom Fan Max button to cool the system.

Any pointers or help would be appreciated.

greencardigan
Do you have the TC4 or Artisan PID active?

If using the TC4 firmware PID, try sending PID;OFF and then the OT1;OFF otherwise the PID will keep overiding the heater.

The Artisan PID would likely do the same if it was active.

CK
greencardigan wrote:

Do you have the TC4 or Artisan PID active?

TC4 was checked in config/device. I tried a few different options to see what would happen... it's still not working correctly.

I'm running Artisan version 1.5.0, which has different arrangements for some of the drop down menus, navigation and setting up the parameters. I'll be uninstalling the program today and reinstalling for a clean start to everything. After troubleshooting I'll post what results are found.

CK
I uninstalled Artisan 1.5.0 and reinstalled 1.1.0. Factory reset, then followed Brad's videos for set up of the TC4 and running Artisan with PID. All is working as intended now, buttons, sliders, and readings. I'm not sure what the glitch was on the other setup.

Jump to Forum: