Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

CharcoalRoaster
11/04/2019 1:58 AM
+1 snwcmpr

snwcmpr
11/03/2019 2:16 AM
Can we make the shoutbox UNAVAILABLE until a member has a certain number of posts?

allenb
11/01/2019 2:20 AM
Funopt, please post in the gas and electric heat sources forum

Funopt
10/30/2019 5:17 AM
Can someone help me for using forced propane burner as my heating element. I rather want to use lpg than electric. Do you think it would work

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,249
Newest Member: rickj
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Transparent Fluid Bed Design
CK
BrewBoy wrote:

Just joined the forum due to this thread. Amazing ingenuity! Thank you CK for all of your generous contributions thus far! Very much looking forward to seeing you V2 design, may I ask how it's coming along?

Thanks Brewboy. I'm using the same roaster for the past 7 months, but now, as you can see it is all automated with UNO, TC4, ZCD, and Artisan Roasterscope software. I may create a new video of the whole roast process with this V2 iteration.

I'm starting to learn how to PID roast via the ET on this machine, following a desired roast curve for the beans. Each machine has different characteristics for following a bean temp curve based off of ET... Machine design and insulation affects the beans ability to take on heat.

V3 may come about next year.

CK
Here's a screenshot of a recent ET PID roast from a couple of weeks ago. The PID follows the profile easily and consistently now.

Using the Artisan profile designer, a person can adjust for total time, end temperature desired, and thus affect phase percentages as well. Simply save the generic profile as a template to be used for any bean type you like with that curve and flavor.
CK attached the following image:
et_profile.jpg

CK
Some people have asked how the carafe was drilled for the RC. Here are some images to show the technique applied.
CK attached the following images:
1_carafe.jpg 2_carafe.jpg 3_carafe.jpg

CK
CK wrote:

Here's a screenshot of a recent ET PID roast from a couple of weeks ago. The PID follows the profile easily and consistently now.

Using the Artisan profile designer, a person can adjust for total time, end temperature desired, and thus affect phase percentages as well. Simply save the generic profile as a template to be used for any bean type you like with that curve and flavor.

Here are the settings used for the ET roasting on this machine. (Having issues with images again, I'll keep trying to edit and update with new file names)...
pid_3.jpg

Edited by CK on 11/07/2019 7:35 AM

JackH
The only thing I can suggest about image trouble is to avoid using the post preview, preview reply and watch your filename (avoid Linux reserved characters). I have also had better luck sometimes with .png files.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

CK
JackH wrote:

The only thing I can suggest about image trouble is to avoid using the post preview, preview reply and watch your filename (avoid Linux reserved characters). I have also had better luck sometimes with .png files.

Thanks Jack. I think the system must buffer in the backend of HR, because after waiting awhile the same image and file name uploaded on another attempt.

CK
Here is the filter setting screen.
filtering.jpg

Jump to Forum: