JackH
01/04/2019 10:55 AM
2 years today...Miss you Ginny!

JETROASTER
01/04/2019 4:24 AM
A little shout for the G'ster. 2 yrs. roar

allenb
12/27/2018 5:14 AM
Hi Brandon, please disregard the "please update". I think we're all up to speed now. The need for cache clearing get's me every time! limb

NetriX
12/26/2018 11:36 AM
Update? pouring Merry Christmas back atcha

allenb
12/26/2018 3:07 AM
Merry Christmas Brandon. Please update soon! christmas tree

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,766
Newest Member: cimbalino
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Ozo - 20.00
Josh Woodrow - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
in the planning phase
kwrcst
Hi all,

I have a 20qt stock pot with lid that I plan to turn into a drum roaster on my gas grill. I think I have the physical design spec'd out but the internals are not clear in my head yet. I will have a hole in the lid with some sort of guide or bearing that will allow the center shaft to spin the vanes inside the drum. I will have a thermocouple for temp reading and thats about as far as I got. couple questions if I may:

1. Do the vanes need to be at a specific angle? I get that I need to turn 60-90rpm and all but as long as the beans are tumbling and not stuck to the sides, is that ok or do the vanes really need to be at specific angles for optimal movement/mixing of the beans?

2. how do you determine where the thermocouple goes?

3 I plan to mount the stockpot/drum to a bracket to hold it over my burners. should I install a heat shield between the flame and the pot or can I just let the fire do it's thing?

again, this is my first build and I have no real mechanical background to draw from. I have read posts that seem like a lot of you are engineers or fabricators. I hope to draw from your wisdom.

thanks

Kelly

Jump to Forum: