topbanner.gif
Login
Username

Password




Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OnlineAdmin
· 07/04/2020 10:27 AM
Happy 4th of July! jazzyhands

JackH
OnlineAdmin
· 06/24/2020 7:58 AM
@Mark McCornack, Please post your question in the forum.

Mark McCornack
Offline
· 06/15/2020 9:28 PM
Hi! Looking for a legacy inlet temp sensor on 13 yr old Gene Cafe. It seems they've changed it and now you need new mother board and new sensor. Any ideas where I can find compatibile old one? Mark

Samaniego
Offline
· 06/09/2020 6:39 PM
Wich thermometers Can i buy for my roasting machine compatible with usb or macbook?

JackH
OnlineAdmin
· 06/05/2020 5:38 PM
peveleth, It is better if you start a post in the forum with your question. These shouts go away in time.

Users Online
Guests Online: 9

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,638
Newest Member: Mid Coast Roast
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Gene Cafe or Behmor 1600+
Gene Gene 33%[1 Vote]
Behmor Behmor 67%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 3
 Print Thread
Gene Cafe or Behmor 1600+?
Syncopadence
If cost is not an option, which would you buy? I want to upgrade from my stovetop ceramic roaster, and I'd like your opinions. If you feel so inclined, maybe list pros and cons of each?
Thanks in advance!
 
renatoa
You forgot the "OR MAKE" option from the category title Grin
 
allenb

Quote

Syncopadence wrote:

If cost is not an option, which would you buy? I want to upgrade from my stovetop ceramic roaster, and I'd like your opinions. If you feel so inclined, maybe list pros and cons of each?
Thanks in advance!


My first choice:

http://www.bellataiwan.com/en/article...a94fbd73a9

Sorry, I sped read and didn't see the two options above so went for cost not being important.

That's a tough call. If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster. Lots more control options and great tasting coffee!

Photo is of a Bella Taiwan mini 500
allenb attached the following image:
capture_10.png

Edited by allenb on 11/24/2018 2:06 PM
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
 
renatoa

Quote

allenb wrote:

If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster.



I.e. Turbo Oven Roasters section in the forum.
 
allenb

Quote

renatoa wrote:

Quote

allenb wrote:

If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster.



I.e. Turbo Oven Roasters section in the forum.


Thanks Ren, I should have said KKTO for being able to search for it in the forums.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
 
renatoa
Actually, Stronghold S7 can be seen as a "counter-clockwise" turbo oven design, a high tech one, but same heat sources and distribution. Grin
 
Clay

Quote

allenb wrote:

Quote

Syncopadence wrote:

If cost is not an option, which would you buy? I want to upgrade from my stovetop ceramic roaster, and I'd like your opinions. If you feel so inclined, maybe list pros and cons of each?
Thanks in advance!


My first choice:

http://www.bellataiwan.com/en/article...a94fbd73a9

Sorry, I sped read and didn't see the two options above so went for cost not being important.

That's a tough call. If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster. Lots more control options and great tasting coffee!

Photo is of a Bella Taiwan mini 500


Allen, where does one purchase a Bella in the US? I don't mean to take this topic off course too much, but saw your post in my research and can't seem to find a supplier of the product that you originally recommended. Thanks
 
allenb

Quote

Clay wrote:

Quote

allenb wrote:

Quote

Syncopadence wrote:

If cost is not an option, which would you buy? I want to upgrade from my stovetop ceramic roaster, and I'd like your opinions. If you feel so inclined, maybe list pros and cons of each?
Thanks in advance!



My first choice:

http://www.bellataiwan.com/en/article...a94fbd73a9

Sorry, I sped read and didn't see the two options above so went for cost not being important.

That's a tough call. If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster. Lots more control options and great tasting coffee!

Photo is of a Bella Taiwan mini 500


Allen, where does one purchase a Bella in the US? I don't mean to take this topic off course too much, but saw your post in my research and can't seem to find a supplier of the product that you originally recommended. Thanks


I would try and PM ciel-007. He purchased a Bella Taiwan XJ-101 roaster not too long ago and would most likely be willing to give tips on how to order from them.

See thread here:
[url]
https://forum.homeroasters.org/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=4142[/url]

Also, see chang00 thread at HB who purchased a mini 500. Has lots of info:

https://www.home-barista.com/home-roa...12461.html

The company site is:

http://www.bellataiwan.com/en/article...a94fbd73a9
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
 
renatoa
If you twisted this way, then I would consider also Cormorant 600, more home use oriented, imo.
But... be aware, this is another realm than your original choice ! Longer and steep learning curve !
 
Clay
Thanks for the info everyone, the Cormorant is on the radar and I like it's price point best. I did send an email to BellaTW yesterday and I have already received a response. Still don't know what one costs, but I'm doing my research.

I'm here to learn, thanks for the help.
ECM Synchronika
Ceado E6X
Bunn VPR APS
Bread Machine Heat gun formerly, here to find a better mouse trap.
 
Jump to Forum:

Similar Threads

Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Gene Cafe Lifespan Gene Cafe Roaster 15 06/30/2020 11:33 PM
Cleaning the roast chamber on a Gene Cafe Gene Cafe Roaster 4 06/29/2020 7:36 AM
Question for Gene Cafe Roaster Gene Cafe Roaster 5 06/08/2020 7:15 PM
Behmor 1600 question Roasting Coffee 9 05/11/2020 5:37 PM
Suggest a roaster between a Behmor and a Buckeye Roasting Coffee 8 03/23/2020 5:16 AM
Homeroasters Association Logo, and all Content, Images, and Icons © 2005-2016 Homeroasters Association - Logos are the property of their respective owners.
Powered by PHP-Fusion copyright © 2002 - 2020 by Nick Jones.
Released as free software without warranties under GNU Affero GPL v3.
Designed with by NetriX