Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
07/17/2019 3:46 AM
Almost a year since I donated ... So,I did it again.

snwcmpr
07/17/2019 1:54 AM
It seems some like to post here in the shoutbox and never return.

ziggyk
07/16/2019 7:58 AM
drum size

snwcmpr
07/14/2019 9:36 AM
BBQ grill

JackH
07/14/2019 7:09 AM
I am glad it is working Ken!

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,044
Newest Member: HduPlooy
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Gene Cafe or Behmor 1600+
Gene Gene 33%[1 Vote]
Behmor Behmor 67%[2 Votes]
Total Votes : 3
 Print Thread
Gene Cafe or Behmor 1600+?
Syncopadence
If cost is not an option, which would you buy? I want to upgrade from my stovetop ceramic roaster, and I'd like your opinions. If you feel so inclined, maybe list pros and cons of each?
Thanks in advance!

renatoa
You forgot the "OR MAKE" option from the category title Grin

allenb
Syncopadence wrote:

If cost is not an option, which would you buy? I want to upgrade from my stovetop ceramic roaster, and I'd like your opinions. If you feel so inclined, maybe list pros and cons of each?
Thanks in advance!

My first choice:

http://www.bellat...a94fbd73a9

Sorry, I sped read and didn't see the two options above so went for cost not being important.

That's a tough call. If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster. Lots more control options and great tasting coffee!

Photo is of a Bella Taiwan mini 500
allenb attached the following image:
capture_10.png

Edited by allenb on 11/24/2018 8:06 AM
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

renatoa
allenb wrote:

If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster.

I.e. Turbo Oven Roasters section in the forum.

allenb
renatoa wrote:

allenb wrote:

If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster.

I.e. Turbo Oven Roasters section in the forum.

Thanks Ren, I should have said KKTO for being able to search for it in the forums.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

renatoa
Actually, Stronghold S7 can be seen as a "counter-clockwise" turbo oven design, a high tech one, but same heat sources and distribution. Grin

Clay
allenb wrote:

Syncopadence wrote:

Thanks in advance!

My first choice:

Sorry, I sped read and didn't see the two options above so went for cost not being important.

That's a tough call. If you are entertaining building versus the two options listed, I'd go for a Koffee Kosmo roaster. Lots more control options and great tasting coffee!

Allen, where does one purchase a Bella in the US? I don't mean to take this topic off course too much, but saw your post in my research and can't seem to find a supplier of the product that you originally recommended. Thanks

allenb
Clay wrote:

allenb wrote:

Syncopadence wrote:

Thanks in advance!

My first choice:

Allen, where does one purchase a Bella in the US? I don't mean to take this topic off course too much, but saw your post in my research and can't seem to find a supplier of the product that you originally recommended. Thanks

I would try and PM ciel-007. He purchased a Bella Taiwan XJ-101 roaster not too long ago and would most likely be willing to give tips on how to order from them.

See thread here:
https://forum.hom...ad_id=4142

Also, see chang00 thread at HB who purchased a mini 500. Has lots of info:

https://www.home-...12461.html

The company site is:

renatoa
If you twisted this way, then I would consider also Cormorant 600, more home use oriented, imo.
But... be aware, this is another realm than your original choice ! Longer and steep learning curve !

Clay
Thanks for the info everyone, the Cormorant is on the radar and I like it's price point best. I did send an email to BellaTW yesterday and I have already received a response. Still don't know what one costs, but I'm doing my research.

I'm here to learn, thanks for the help.
ECM Synchronika
Ceado E6X
Bunn VPR APS
Bread Machine Heat gun formerly, here to find a better mouse trap.

Jump to Forum: