Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
03/18/2019 8:15 AM
1 lb roasted lasts a week. I can taste the flavor increase to peak, then drop after. Still very good, but interesting to follow the wave of flavor rise and fall.

snwcmpr
03/11/2019 4:10 PM
Roasted Panama Gesha Esmeralda yesterday. Yummy.

Beebee74
03/11/2019 3:10 PM
I seem to have lost any roasting touch I thought I had. Very frustrated to be wasting time and money. I’m hoping someone can provide some insight on roasting at high altitude. I’m at 4400ft. Thank

aicardo
03/07/2019 8:50 AM
tb

Husamka
03/05/2019 2:32 PM
husamka

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,857
Newest Member: efesu
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Holiday Roast Exchange
NetriX
forum.homeroasters.org/images/beanswap.jpg

Greetings,

This 2018 season we've decided to do something special, a bean/gift exchange. As stated by Allen,

BTW, this isn't for critiquing each other's coffee for quality of roast but is just a fun way for participants to taste other's roasts and enjoy a great cup of coffee during the holidays. I got to taste some amazing coffee when I participated.

Allen

If you wish to participate, please head over to the exchange page and sign up. On December 8th, 2018 you'll be randomly matched with another forum user in which you'll need to exchange gifts with.

Feel free to offer up any questions.

Happy Holidays!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does it work?
Step 1: Navigate to the sign up page and provide your address.

Step 2: On Saturday, December 8th, 2018, I will run a query that will pair your account up with another anonymous user.

Step 3: Once paired you'll be provided with your match's address (name not included) and will need to ship your gift. Once gift if shipped, you'll be able to leave a memo regarding its status (notes, tracking id, etc.)

Additional INFO
Once paired you will be sent a PM informing you of a match.
Exchanges only for those within the United States.

JackH
In the past we had a holiday bean swap between members who wanted to participate.
You could use roasted coffee as a gift.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

allenb
I'm glad you guys brought this up! I had totally forgot about the Christmas roasted bean swap this year. I had a blast participating in one of the earlier ones with Ginny, Jkoll, Freshbeans, snwcmpr, lawnmowerman, airhan and few others.

All interested in tasting others coffee for a fun gift exchange please post your interest in participating here.

BTW, this isn't for critiquing each other's coffee for quality of roast but is just a fun way for participants to taste other's roasts and enjoy a great cup of coffee during the holidays. I got to taste some amazing coffee when I participated.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

What's the tonnage shipped?

allenb
8675309 wrote:

I don't think we ever saw more than 1 ton of holiday swap coffee shipped in any one season. christmas tree
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

coffeeroastersclub
allenb wrote:

8675309 wrote:

I don't think we ever saw more than 1 ton of holiday swap coffee shipped in any one season. christmas tree

Allen, was that a British, U.S., or Metric Ton?
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

http://www.coffeeroastersclub.com
jkoll42
I believe it was a metric s**ttonnè

Like Allen I've been so swamped I totally forgot how much I enjoyed this. Signing up but fair warning to whomever get me - the greens are almost a year old and I have one roast on the ol girl since she was modified after the flaming batch incident! Worst case I hear they make for good compost.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

allenb
Hi fellow homeroasters. In case anyone missed this announcement, we're looking for anyone who would like to swap one of their favorite coffees being roasted during the holidays with someone else to allow them or you to taste other HRO members coffee. It's a lot of fun and nice to see what others are getting out of their roasters. Also allows the two who are exchanging coffees to exchange roasting information on how the other accomplished the particular flavor.

There's still time to mail your coffees back and forth if you move quickly. You don't have to post your intentions here and are free to contact via pm anyone you would like to swap with. But, let us know how it went.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year christmas tree

Homeroasters Admins

CharcoalRoaster
I'm pretty sure I got an address so I sent off my roasted beans last Monday. Can I get an admin to confirm the address I received? Otherwise, I'll roast another batch and get it out ASAP. Thanks!

NetriX
CharcoalRoaster wrote:

I'm pretty sure I got an address so I sent off my roasted beans last Monday. Can I get an admin to confirm the address I received? Otherwise, I'll roast another batch and get it out ASAP. Thanks!

PM's have been sent with addresses.

Jump to Forum: