snwcmpr - 10.00
Ozo - 20.00
Josh Woodrow - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
ceramic infrared element
matt
Good Day. I have been roasting for a year or so with a modified ronco 4000 rotisserie. It is a bit tired so I am building a new one based on the ronco 6000. I am hoping to roast a five pound batch. My question is about the type of element to add. I noticed one of the models crc roasters builds used what looked like ceramic infrared elements. If someone has some pros or cons on this I would appreciate it. Thanks Matt

renatoa
What roasters do you mean? please, can you post example(s)?
IR on drum, or IR directly on beans?

Asking because these are extremely rare builds, I can count under 5 here since I monitor this forum, and most are halogen, none is ceramic. I mean IR directly on beans.

IR is the cleanest and best efficiency heat source, but the main issue is how to dose it... effects are hard to measure, and variable absorption while the beans color change.
Also, you need a good than average agitation, because IR is like sunbath, beans must be as equally as possible exposed on all sides.
DIY: TO based IR to bean 800g
Moded commercial: Dieckmann RoestMeister, Nesco, popcorn.
PID/ramp/soak controllers, MS6514 USB/Artisan/Apps/popC/ESP32
Grinder: mod'ed Porlex to 47 conical burrs

allenb
matt wrote:

Good Day. I have been roasting for a year or so with a modified ronco 4000 rotisserie. It is a bit tired so I am building a new one based on the ronco 6000. I am hoping to roast a five pound batch. My question is about the type of element to add. I noticed one of the models crc roasters builds used what looked like ceramic infrared elements. If someone has some pros or cons on this I would appreciate it. Thanks Matt

My favorite IR emitter is the ceramic long wavelength. Easy to mount, very durable and every configuration you would ever need. Pros are durability and ease of installation.

https://www.tempc...itters.htm
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Want to Help?
By donating you can ensure that HR will continue to be open for years to come. Expenses are 100% transparent and can be viewed publicly at all times. You can find more information on donations and why we request them by reading up on the forum topic here. Thank you.

Jump to Forum: