Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

allenb
03/30/2019 3:46 AM
Spammer babble from me and others have been removed from Centrifugal Roasters Thread. From here on we will toss them immediately. ThumbsUp

jpworks
03/27/2019 11:15 PM
What’s the preferred way to upload pics from iPhone?

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,913
Newest Member: battlepoint
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
(solved) Same bean Same cook method different results?
I'm getting a bit wore out here -

Finally got into a rhythm on my cooks :
X amount of beans dropped at Y temp with a ROR of Z
expecting 1C around the 8.5 to 9 minute mark lasting about 2 min
then 2C for 5-10 seconds pulling, cooling, setting up, loving it blah.

Yet on a new order of the same bean I'm getting crap results
after 2 attempts...

Did they ship me the wrong stuff or is there that much difference in
a batch of beans ordered 2 weeks apart. This stuff tastes like... sour...
like ... vinegary ...

I don't get it.
Edited by 8675309 on 11/06/2018 3:09 PM

renatoa
What machine ?
If same heat amount, same ROR, and FC in the same ballpark, then hard to find a reason... even beans mismatch is not an explanation, they should behave/roast different if the taste is so offset.

Dare to ask you to check the water temperature, or other change in your brew method?

Renatoa:
My method is via a lump-coal grill with a higher-end digital thermometer sending readouts of grill temp. Discarded my SR500 due to lousy results and went back to the grill method. I am able to control the temps quite well by opening and closing vents and have mimicked prior roasts to within a few seconds of each temp point from my copious notes from prior roasts.

Brew method the same, Thermopop digital for temp, same filters, same grind method ( by hand ), same amount of grinds...

I'm wondering if there is a slight amount more 'water' in these beans ... perhaps I should 'start' at a higher drop temp, add say 20-25 degrees to the entire process... I'm going to try that today.

So... after many sleepless nights and nightmares when I did sleep I contacted my purveyor of beans, and he advised me that he had a new guy working in the warehouse and it was quite possible they shipped me the wrong beans... and a replacement order was on the way .. quite nice of them..

I can think of no other explanation as the beans in question were not even close to what I expected.

The sun will come out tomorrow... well it's always out in Phoenix.

JackH
Too bad they didn't give you something better by mistake!
BBQ grill
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jump to Forum: