Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

Gigimedrano
04/17/2019 6:33 AM
Hi guys, my hot top has stripper a gear.. ive only had it for a lil over a year now hot top wants 120+ for a new motor and gearbox assembly any idea? Is this normal year and some Months dont seem lik

Ray Kahuna
04/16/2019 8:04 AM
has anyone built an adjustable coffee grind press?

Nitesh
04/01/2019 10:04 PM
Hello, I have been trying to get in contact with manufacturer of HB roaster in China but failed until now. Does anyone have idea who is the manufacturer of HB roaster in China?

allenb
03/30/2019 3:46 AM
Spammer babble from me and others have been removed from Centrifugal Roasters Thread. From here on we will toss them immediately. ThumbsUp

jpworks
03/27/2019 11:15 PM
What’s the preferred way to upload pics from iPhone?

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,913
Newest Member: battlepoint
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Paper on Roasting Defects
chaff
TomC, over on Home-Barista, posted a link to a report on characterising roasting defects. There's a graph that shows the template profiles that were used to create various defective roasts. It looks to me as if the various profiles are substantially 'parallel', meaning the big differences among them are the preheat temperature and turn point temperature, the rates of change at 'time-from-TP' look very similar and the plots mostly don't cross.

I've tried the same on my popper, charging after a steady 120C setpoint and, after stabilizing ROC at 20Cdpm / 100C, gradually reducing ROC through the roast. Previously I'd been doing 140C charge and 30Cdpm through 100C etc. I can say for sure the result is better to my taste ( I'm not sure _how_ it's different ) but, more importantly,
the business of just varying the charge temperature is helping me resist winding the ROC knob all over the place during the roast.

The authors of the paper also claim to be monitoring true BT with 3mm drill holes in the bean. Their graph shows temperatures a lot lower than I expected. Would anyone have an idea where FC is on those graphs ?

renatoa
True BT measurement Grin

claycritters.com/coffee/Bollinger-single-bean-roaster.jpg

Jump to Forum: