View Thread

Homeroasters.org » COMMUNITY OUTREACH » COMMUNITY OUTREACH
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
HomeRoasters Donations
NetriX
roar

Greetings everyone,

My name is Brandon, your humble webmaster, and caretaker.

For years I've been working with Ginny to support her dream of building this awesome website for you all. First and foremost, I strongly believe she would be thrilled with the way the community continues to grow and support each other.

Behind the scenes, I work to develop the core of this website, not only for Ginny but for tens of thousands of users alike, all with the same goals and inspirations.

Shortly before Ginny's passing, she entrusted our PHP-Fusion USA National Support Site (Stephen) with controlling and maintaining all of her domains and projects.

To remain faithful of Ginny's wishes, I instill ownership in each and every one of you to help keep things going. Homeroasters will always belong to Ginny, but in her absence, I wish for you all to step up and be its owners.

This is why I've introduced donations. This will allow each and every one of you to give back and contribute to HomeRoasters future. The current yearly costs of maintaining Ginny's project is $254.56. Now, while I certainly would ensure everything is kept in order regardless. HR's future will certainly be in your hands.

How do donations work?

It's simple. After making a donation with PayPal, you can choose your own set amount and specify your forum username if desired.

Once I receive notification that a donation has been made, your username (if desired) and the amount is then publicly displayed on the Donations Page.

All donations are added to the overall total of the Donations Bank.

Once an expense is paid, the overall total of the Donations Bank is decreased by the amount of the expense for transparency.

For further transparency, I've opted to list all monthly/yearly expenses on the Donations Page.

Thank you, everyone, for the continuing support!

Any questions, comments, concerns? Feel free to reply.
Edited by NetriX on 08-04-2018 04:10

Want to Help?
By donating you can ensure that HR will continue to be open for years to come. Expenses are 100% transparent and can be viewed publicly at all times. You can find more information on donations and why we request them by reading up on the forum topic here. Thank you.

NetriX
HomeRoasters.org has been renewed! best post

i.imgur.com/3dmxUuQ.png

snwcmpr
Cool.
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

mg512
So what's TravelBwana.com? ;) And why does it list its domain registration fee on the donations page? ;)

renatoa
coffee safari special offers, for donors Grin

JackH
The TravelBwana.com site was one of Ginny's sites for her sister Diane. It is a one page site for travel information.

I am not sure why it is listed here. It may have been ready to expire as well.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

NetriX
It expired at the end of last month, I didn't catch it until renewing HR's domains. Will be working in the coming weeks to transfer domains into Diane's hands and/or admins here.

I've opted to remove travelbwana and cover it as my own expense due to the nature of it not being HR related and to avoid confusion.

Also, I plan to drive down the monthly hosting costs of $20 down to the $5-$10 range that way we can just do yearly hosting renewals.
Edited by NetriX on 08-07-2018 04:23

snwcmpr
Thank you for all that you are doing.
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

Jump to Forum: