Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healthy bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,592
Newest Member: YUGEE
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
TC4+ Arduino coffee roaster shield (TC4-compatible)
mg512

mtbizzle wrote:

I have the popper disassembled, intending to try to measure voltage and amperage of the fan for making a call on a fan PSU, based on what you said I guess I shouldn't do so.

I know in your guide, you say,

I measured the resistance of the motor and both heating coils

If I should do this, v.s. going with the '18v' sticker to use my 19v7.1 PSU, can someone point me to where I would put the multimeter red/blk to measure this? I also don't know how to use this ohms measurement to calculate the values I'm looking for.

i.imgur.com/WVVXAbr.jpg

mg512 wrote:
... you need to overspec the power supply anyway, as start-up current is much higher, and not as easily measured. Bottom line, get a 5A PSU, and most likely it will be fine....

... if you end up driving the primary heating coil directly from mains as in the guide, that will also significantly up the wattage it draws! ...This too is something I wouldn't worry about

I have a 19v 7.1a laptop charger that I am hoping to use for this purpose, but of course only if it is appropriate. The unit just attached to the diodes in the picture above (fan & motor to my understanding) has a sticker '18v'.

So 19v would be a slight overvoltage but indications seem to be that won't be a problem.

What about amps? 7.1a. Just want to be sure, mains electrical and all.

i.imgur.com/PmHcmRm.jpg

Once I settle this PSU matter, will be moving forward with the build Grin

I think 7A is most likely plenty.

https://www.tindie.com/products/15798/
greencardigan
Sorry I'm late to the discussion. Just wanted to add my thoughts on the remote computer options.

My current controller uses a Raspberry Pi running Artisan and connected via USB to the Arduino/TC4. The Raspberry Pi sits inside my control box.

I thought about adding a 8" touch screen on the front of my control box but ended up using the VNC remote access software. So using VNC I essentially have a remote screen for the raspberry pi. I usually use my phone as the screen but sometimes a tablet.

Jump to Forum: