Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

her63
· 06/02/2020 9:10 AM
keep healthy bro, love roaster form home

pisanoal
· 05/27/2020 10:14 AM
Anyone else have issues seeing the whole window of a thread when accessing from a mobile phone? Any fixes?

allenb
OfflineAdmin
· 04/02/2020 4:50 AM
Morning Ed, I haven't done any green coffee hoarding yet but am hoping the supplies don't end up like the toilet paper isles!

snwcmpr
· 03/31/2020 2:53 PM
Hey Ed. Thanks. roar

homeroaster
· 03/31/2020 11:21 AM
Hey quarantined home roasters! I hope you have great coffee! If they have a run on coffee, I hope you're set with your great home roast! Find me on Facebook! Ed Needham

Users Online
Guests Online: 8

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,590
Newest Member: her63
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New from Portland, Oregon
PastorJohn
Greetings,

I am from the Portland area, living outside of Vancouver, Washington in Camas.

Have been a lover of coffee for a very long time, and was given two pounds of green coffee beans for Christmas. That is what started my love, perhaps obsession

I started with a Presto Lite popper that many places said not to use because of the underneath blower. This worked perfectly for me, using a hack of adding a glass chimney from an oil lamb.

I ordered an air popper, Nostaglic, from Sweet Maria’s, and enjoyed their sample of coffee they sent. The Nostalic worked great as well.

Stopping by Big Lots, I picked up the popcorn popper they sell there. The Bella. This reminded me in looks like the Westend Poppery 2 that so many people race about. This popper was/is great.

And then there was today. The 1600 plus came today, and I did my first 1/4 lb batch and it looks so good.

Learning from the beginning about first and second crack. City, Full City, Full City+ roasts. Letting coffee rest, etc.

This is so much fun.

Coffee and Grace,

PastorJohn

ahardinger
Welcome! I'm new here too. The obsession thing... I understand that!

DaveInWoodland
Welcome, I just upgraded my 1600 to a new Hottop that I just received yesterday, l will warn you keep your wallet close by :) but it keeps me out of the bars so I guess that's a plus.

allenb

I just upgraded my 1600 to a new Hottop

Two guys living next door to each other both drove 67 Camaros and one of them traded their Camaro in for a new Cadillac. He mentioned to his neighbor that he had upgraded to the Cadillac. The neighbor with the Camaro commented that he preferred his Camaro over a Cadillac but was happy for his neighbor being able to trade up to the Cadillac.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

PastorJohn
I am loving this obsession!

It keeps me out of the bars as well. Learning more every day!

jkoll42
Wolcome Pastor!

Glad to have you here
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

PastorJohn
Thank you all!

Loving this, and the complexity of the coffee that is coming out in a brewed cup is AMAZING. And I love the fact that it isn't only me that thinks so.

Had a friend say to me, "This is the best cup of coffee I think I have ever had." That is good stuff!

~ John
"Turning water into coffee..."

Woodhouse
Welcome! I am also new here. I just started roasting with the 1600 plus. Love it

Jump to Forum: