bullet2.gif Last check: 02.20.18
bullet2.gif Slap count: 0
bullet2.gif Last checked ID: 6495
View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from Northern Illinois
oldwasichu
Just took the plunge into home roasting as I recently purchased a Fresh Roast SR500. Decided to do this simply because some of the coffees I love to drink are in the $15 / pound range when purchased as roasted whole beans and are not typically available year round. Now I will have the opportunity to make Costa Rican Tarrazu whenever I like. I also want to make the strong Puerto Rican variety that I recall drinking on the island during business trips many years ago. Have no clue what variety it was, but remember it being served in demitasse cups and it was fantastic.

Thus far, my initial foray has been 5 batches of Guatamalan Fraijanes Finca de Dios as a medium roast. I have a few other varieties of beans on order to experiment with. All of my grown children also enjoy good coffees, so this will be another way to share the joy.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Regards,

Dave

Jump to Forum: