Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

koriglman
10/13/2019 6:09 PM
Male Guide Reviews Some of the common supplements used to assist you lose weight are: Hoodia can be an herbal supplement that is very popular in programs designed to help you lose excess fat. It is em

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseño para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:41 AM
Saludos a todos

Users Online
Guests Online: 1

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,179
Newest Member: koriglman
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Porcupine Heating Elements
koffeegrounds
Hello Group , I kinda sit back and watch from a far . I thought I would offer to the group my Porcupine 220V 4K heating elements N6 wire ALL AMERCA MADE. I make coffee roasters but don't advertise them. I have seen many of you struggle over the years getting and making high quality heating elements. These will produce more heat than you will ever need. My machines use two of these elements in parallel . I spilt my air stream via a manifold.
The elements are 12 inches long but need to be stretched to 18 to 24 inches

koffeegrounds
Hmm the pictures don't load

greencardigan
Make sure you don't 'preview' the post with images before posting it. Previewing somehow removes the images. Also make sure they meet the file size limit.

Looking forward to the pictures though. I've always struggled with the heating for bigger electric air roasters.

And welcome ThumbsUp

Koffee Kosmo
koffeegrounds wrote:

Hmm the pictures don't load

It is important to — Reduce the size of images and also what greencardigan said

KK
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
JackH
It looks like the maximum attachment file size is now 10MB. (It was 268K). Not sure why it changed.

forum.homeroasters.org/forum/attachments/attachment_1.jpg

Make sure there are no spaces or strange characters in the file name.

Please PM me if you are still having trouble.
JackH attached the following image:
attachment_1.jpg

---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

koffeegrounds
element pictures
koffeegrounds attached the following image:
element11_1.png

koffeegrounds
My roasters will handle 8 lbs with ease stretch it to 10 lbs if you want I keep my air volume low 110cfm split stream , then back into the combine manifold to the roasting chamber. I have element protectors that wont let them be turn on without the blower on or you will toast the beans . These elements will handle the extreme shock and vibration of the high cfm blowing over them.

greencardigan
They look good. Is there anything to stop adjacent loops touching? Or is the N6 wire stiff?

Do you do any elements where both connections are on the same end?

koffeegrounds
It is not possible in the inherit design/ manufacturing process of a porcupine heating element to terminate the ends on one end. these type of heating element are in the largest blast furnaces and your huge industrial air handlers. I have to order them in huge lots to get them to consider even taking my order and then I have to wait for a even bigger Company to place their standard stock order and I get the tail end of the run. when you stretch the element, they do not touch , as long as you maintain one element width between each coil it will last you a very long time. These will last you on a min. of 1000 lbs assuming that you have mounted them correctly.
koffeegrounds attached the following image:
porcupine2.png

koffeegrounds
Sorry for not being clearer , the white tubes are Aluminte Ceramic good to 2000 F , the white core rod is Aluminite also , you stretch the elements out and use Clay kiln element fixing wire to secure the element to the ends of the center rod on each end. You can make you own tubes using no bake refractory clay and a 3 " stainless Pipe with a 1/2" pvc pipe center core and pack the no bake refractory cement down the tube and let it set up for 36 hours before you remove the center pipe.

Jump to Forum: