Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
03/20/2019 4:17 AM
Eth Yirg Nat Idido Gr1 today.

snwcmpr
03/18/2019 8:15 AM
1 lb roasted lasts a week. I can taste the flavor increase to peak, then drop after. Still very good, but interesting to follow the wave of flavor rise and fall.

snwcmpr
03/11/2019 4:10 PM
Roasted Panama Gesha Esmeralda yesterday. Yummy.

Beebee74
03/11/2019 3:10 PM
I seem to have lost any roasting touch I thought I had. Very frustrated to be wasting time and money. I’m hoping someone can provide some insight on roasting at high altitude. I’m at 4400ft. Thank

aicardo
03/07/2019 8:50 AM
tb

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 5,862
Newest Member: falllake2000
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 50.00
PRABHATH COFFEE WORKS - 10.00
John Despres (Scene... - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Looking for TC4C board
mg512
I have found that a stencil is mostly useful for speed, and precision for SOIC components (i.e. the ADC and EEPROM). Resistors and the like are fairly easily done by hand. Personally I have had much better results with a hot air gun than with a hot plate, so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Regarding a through-hole version of the board, I imagine it might be a matter of who would make one. Probably most people who have the skills to design a PCB also have the skills to do SMD soldering.

Also, just to be clear: please feel free to think of my CR3 board as a "TC4 v8.00". My intention with making them available is very much to meet the demand for TC4 boards. It's just that I had my own design already lying around, so I decided to just go with that one instead of whatever older version of the TC4 I could have found online. The board is literally a TC4 with some additional, optional extras. Not that I mean to discourage anyone from building their own TC4 - it's really good fun! But just in case I hadn't made it clear enough what the CR3 was: If you're just looking to get a TC4 without any hassle, that is what the CR3 is there for. I could also include a pre-programmed Arduino if someone was after a TC4C.

https://www.tindie.com/products/15798/
Elwynn
Hey I don’t want to hijack this forum. I’m completely new to forums. I noticed y’all hav had a time contacting Jim too. I’ve been wanting to run my roaster off a computer to get more consistent roasts so I gave Jim a call. I bought a ZCD board from him because he had some on hand. He was fixing to go on vacation and he said it would be October before any TC4C’s would be available. I tried calling him numerous times since then with no response. I’m getting desperate. Where can I find one?

greencardigan
I think we've all come to the realisation that Jim is no longer making boards. You're probably best using a TC4 or compatible board and Arduino Uno instead of a TC4C.

The good news is that TC4 boards and other compatible boards are available from forum members here. I've built a TC4 board and will be building some more in the next few weeks.

mg512
Elwynn wrote:

Hey I don’t want to hijack this forum. I’m completely new to forums. I noticed y’all hav had a time contacting Jim too. I’ve been wanting to run my roaster off a computer to get more consistent roasts so I gave Jim a call. I bought a ZCD board from him because he had some on hand. He was fixing to go on vacation and he said it would be October before any TC4C’s would be available. I tried calling him numerous times since then with no response. I’m getting desperate. Where can I find one?

It indeed looks like Jim isn't in business anymore. I might have been one of the, if not the, last ones to receive a TC4 from him last September. I have since then designed my own board that incorporates a few additional features alongside those of the TC4, and have made those available since a number of people were looking for boards on here. See my separate thread for details:

https://forum.hom...post_65572

If you were looking for the TC4C because you don't want to mess with the Arduino etc., I could send you a complete package with my board atop a pre-flashed Arduino - that would be a direct drop-in replacement for a TC4C.

https://www.tindie.com/products/15798/
Jump to Forum: