bullet2.gif Slap count: 0
bullet2.gif Last checked ID: 6194
View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Another New Guy
KevinCF
Hi to all

I'm about 2 months into this home roasting fun. About 8 months ago, while reading a sailing forum, I happened on a thread asking how live-a-boards brew their coffee. Somebody mentioned that they roast their own coffee. WHAT? You can do that?

I spent the next several months diving into the world of home roasting and what equipment to buy. I'm retired, so I have plenty of time to research.

This past Aug, after much debate with myself, I pulled the trigger on a SR500 from Sweet Maria's. To this point, my results have been mixed.

I roast indoors without bothering to use a vent fan. I roast next to my down-draft cooktop, but haven't bothered to run the fan since my 1st roast. Too much noise on top of the roaster. I kind of like the roasting smell and my wife doesn't mind

I think my next step is to post up some questions in the roasting forum. Clearly, I have a lot to learn.

Kevin

MPSAN
Great and a great roaster. I have had mine and NEVER had a bad roast. Here is how I do it and it ay be a great place for you to start. It is post #50 if this link works.

https://forum.hom...post_58024
"If it Ain't Broke, Fix it 'til it is"!

Randy G
Welcome to the endless rabbit hole that is home coffee roasting!

I would suggest that breathing coffee smoke is not good for you over the long run. Smoke contains particulate matter, and even if you do smoke tobacco (or other) products, there is no need to add to the damage to your lungs or circulatory system. Also, there are oils in the smoke which will leave a greasy film on your kitchen.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

http://www.EspressoMyEspresso.com
Jump to Forum: