Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

CharcoalRoaster
11/04/2019 1:58 AM
+1 snwcmpr

snwcmpr
11/03/2019 2:16 AM
Can we make the shoutbox UNAVAILABLE until a member has a certain number of posts?

allenb
11/01/2019 2:20 AM
Funopt, please post in the gas and electric heat sources forum

Funopt
10/30/2019 5:17 AM
Can someone help me for using forced propane burner as my heating element. I rather want to use lpg than electric. Do you think it would work

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Users Online
Guests Online: 7

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,242
Newest Member: judionline1
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ready to rock and roast!
Alec Logan
Hello home roasters!
My name is Alec and I live in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee. I am a college engineering student and for the past year or so I have been developing my brewing skills with several different methods. Currently I am rocking a Chemex, a moka pot, a cezve, a diy cold brew set up, and the tried and true french press. I also have my eye on a decent spro machine for the hopefully near future. I don't have a real roaster yet (I've been getting mostly acceptable results from a west bend) but I have big summer plans for a (hopefully) 1lb fluid bed roaster. Ive been lurking these forums for some time now and have been gleaning from many of the awesome builds. I will likely not have many new ideas or methods to contribute, as I've gotten most of mine from here, but as soon as I start I will try to give detailed updates to add to the inspiration that got me started!
Can't afford it? Just build it

allenb
Hi Alec, Sorry for the late welcome to HRO! Glad to have you on board and it's good to see Engineering students taking an interest in fine coffee but especially putting their engineering skills to work building roasters. Just so you know what you're getting into, your quest for the ultimate cup usually ends up being a life long pursuit but is extremely satisfying and rewarding.

When you start putting your design together for a great fluidbed, be sure to share it with our members so we can join in the fun.

Cheers,

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

jkoll42
Welcome Alec!

Great to have another official engineer join the mass of unofficial (and some official) engineers roar

As Allen said please share your build and ask whatever questions you have.

Also - don't sell yourself short. Tons of us started with a West Bend (myself included) Anything that roasts coffee is a real coffee roaster. I also think it's cool to see people start with re-purposed/diy rigs as apposed to ready made. Sorry to everyone who bought ready made that I just offended. I love you all too.

Jon
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Alec Logan
Thanks Allen and Jon both for the reply and encouragement! I'm still on hold for another one to three weeks as I'm in the middle of finals and summer internship transitions but I will definitely post ASAP when this thing gets rolling. Can't wait to join the party!

Alec
Can't afford it? Just build it

jkoll42
Good luck on the finals Alec. Study hard and pray the questions that you know are on the test harder.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Jump to Forum: