Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 02/11/2020 1:10 PM
Shoutbox is meant for short announcements and will disappear in time. Please create a post in the forum.

jqaman
· 02/11/2020 9:35 AM
The Behmor lol

snwcmpr
· 02/10/2020 10:25 AM
CoffeeRoastersClub
is a member.

rogguy
· 02/06/2020 7:24 AM
Searched but no can find, but does anyone on here use the roasters made by CRC (Coffee Roasters Club) in Connecticut?

JackH
OfflineAdmin
· 02/05/2020 2:50 PM
Thanks NetriX!

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,406
Newest Member: Rogge
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
another new guy post
Percheron
howdy folks

I am fairly new to coffee roasting all thanks to starbucks making me mad one day when I was in desperate need for coffee and had no choice but to pay their stupid crazy price for a 300g bag.

I found this forum while trying to figure out why my nesco is all of a sudden making the beans dark before first crack and leaving them tasting like a very dark roast no matter what I do. Hopefully I can learn a lot here before I buy my large roaster and open up my own string of shops.

Randy
Welcome! You will find the members here very helpful! I started out with a whirley pop and transitioned to a Hottop recently with Artisan even more recently. When I had issues with Artisan a very generous member came to my home to find the problem and fix it! I have learned a ton here and I know you will too.
If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried - Steven Wright

jkoll42
Welcome! Glad you found us. I personally don't have any experience with the nesco but my first thought was to be sure everything looks normal with the bean probe.

As far as buying a large roaster for your pending string of coffee shops, I think you're heading down the wrong path. I'm picturing a giant wall stacked with hundreds of nesco's all crying out in pain from continuous use
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Percheron

jkoll42 wrote:

Welcome! Glad you found us. I personally don't have any experience with the nesco but my first thought was to be sure everything looks normal with the bean probe.

As far as buying a large roaster for your pending string of coffee shops, I think you're heading down the wrong path. I'm picturing a giant wall stacked with hundreds of nesco's all crying out in pain from continuous use

hahaha its been a rough day and the image of a hundred nesco roasters stacked up and spinning just made my day! thanks for the laugh! Ive lost a few auctions on eBay for a diedrich or probat. hopefully my budget will increase soon. I also read through some of the build it threads and that might be a much more affordable way to start up

ChicagoJohn
Welcome
So many beans; so little time....

Jump to Forum: