Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JavaBob
09/16/2019 4:03 PM
Has anyone used a Leister hot air blower to roast coffee and if so, which model did you use? What was your experience like?

JavaBob
09/16/2019 3:53 PM
Source for customable borosilicate glass cylinders for use as a roasting chamber?

shoron
09/06/2019 7:25 AM
how to make medium raw colored beans to dark ?

shoron
09/06/2019 7:24 AM
Grin snwcmpr

snwcmpr
09/04/2019 4:47 PM
Welcome Shoron

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,131
Newest Member: JavaBob
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Open Source Hot Air Roaster?
walt_in_hawaii
I've asked a couple times but no one seemed interested in this idea.... I've bought a Bake-A-Round cylinder off the bay and have purchased an air pump for a hot air tub, plus a heat gun element and now want to do some assembly. I'm currently using a P1, by the way, and its too small.

There are lots of ways to assemble this thing, but I figured someone else will eventually want the parts, so may as well make a few of them and defray the build costs for the metal; also, not everyone has the welding and cutting machines to make these parts easily, so this is a great opportunity to grab some parts pre-made if you can't make them yourself. But, no one responded, so I guess no one else is interested in making a design that's easy to build and uses the bake a round (the big one, not the little one). My air pump is 1.5hp but probably 1hp would have been fine. The air piping will be off the shelf, but the base for the bake a round and the roast chamber would need to be made of 304SS, plus maybe the top cap/chaff filter. I want to use as many off the shelf parts as possible and was looking at OldGearHead's design, but making the bake around fit into the drink shaker top was a bit much, easier to just make the SS base I think. Any other input? does anyone want or need these parts to build their own machine? If there was a need for, say, 10 sets of parts I could find the time to borrow a friend's large shear cutter and just spend time to cut all the pieces we'd need all at once... otherwise its not worth the trip if I'm only making one off parts for myself.

BenKeith
Sounds like it might be a good idea, but not anything I need, sorry. I have tools, equipment and know how to make most anything I could need. The thing I don't have is the time. Way too many projects going at one time that keep pushing coffee roasters down the priority list as long as I have a good one that works.
I've been two years now trying to build me a kilo drum roaster. I even have about everything I need, but the time. Also, almost that long building another air roaster.

Jump to Forum: