Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

snwcmpr
10/22/2019 5:31 AM
Thanks to you all....... I was not sleeping ... I stayed awake worried about it all. :)

Koffee Kosmo
10/21/2019 5:00 PM
While you were sleeping I have been active in booting out some spammers along with the posts they tried to sneak past me

NetriX
10/21/2019 2:41 PM
Apologies, fixed it asap! BBQ grill

snwcmpr
10/21/2019 12:35 PM
WOW!! A few minutes ago the site page said "Account Suspended". And would not open the site.

snwcmpr
10/18/2019 2:37 PM
Eth Nat Yirg Idido roasted yesterday. I dropped some off at a friends coffee shop. In a few days he will brew it and tell me what he thinks. We believe my roasts are better than what we buy.

Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,202
Newest Member: Brad1969
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Profile repository
Mustang967
Hey guys,

I'm relatively new at roast profiling and I would love to see some of everyones profiles. So I made a spreadsheet on google docs that we can all go and input some of our roast profiles. Feel free to add as many profiles that you use, but please add comments in the comment column to help differentiate your profiles.

https://docs.goog...sp=sharing

Lastly if you have any things that you think should be added, changed or removed from the doc just let me know.

Thanks for your time!!

Royce

centralvalleycoffee.com
Koffee Kosmo
Although a good idea
The reality is that no two roasters are exactly the same even from the same manufacturer
Even worse with different makes / brands / DIY

Beans of different seasonal years also roast differently
What I'm trying to say is that it's always in a constant state of flux

Commercial roasters have automation to help maintain a flavour profile but even they adjust as required - sometimes from batch to batch

Roast to what you like in your cup and we can both be happy

KK
I home roast and I like it
Blog - http://koffeekosm...gspot.com/
Bezzera Strega: Mazzer Robur Grinder: 5 Box hand grinders: Pullman Tamper Convex: (KKTO) Turbo Oven Home Roaster: CONA Glass Rod Syphon: Pyrex Brewer:

http://koffeekosmo.com.au
turtle
I find that the same bean roasted winter or summer, dry or rainy day, is different and the profile for the same bean varies greatly.

Throw in different parts of the world, different coffee roasters, different humidity, and you have a recipe for insanity.

Edited by ginny on 11/19/2016 3:20 AM
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: Behmor 1600 +
Grinders: Modified Super Jolly - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

ChicagoJohn
Mustang967 wrote:

I made a spreadsheet on google docs that we can all go and input some of our roast profiles. Feel free to add as many profiles that you use, but please add comments in the comment column to help differentiate your profiles.

Lastly if you have any things that you think should be added, changed or removed from the doc just let me know.

Thanks for your time!!

Royce

Notwithstanding some of the comparability issues mentioned, I think this is a great idea, and I'd like to add some profiles. One thing that I think would be helpful is to note first 1C, end of 1C (if known) and onset of 2C (if applicable) as a way of calibrating temperature values. I've found these differ quite a bit depending upon the particulars of the roasting equipment but the onset of 1C will be repeatable for a given set up. Even though direct comparison of temperatures is probably futile, I think a lot of useful information can be had by comparing times to 1C, time after 1C, RoR during 1C, and changes of RoR throughout the profile; i.e., rate of deceleration in RoR.

However, I'm a novice to this venue and if you could offer a basic tutorial in how one goes about adding data I would really appreciate it. I tried to add data and although I signed in to Google, it didn't allow me to type anything into the cells. I presume we can just copy and paste your existing graph downward? Anyway, I'm not sure how to proceed but with the above additional data, I do think it could become a useful way of sharing data. Even the differences among various processes would be of interest.
So many beans; so little time....

woodchuck
Check out https://www.artisancoffeealliance.com/ they do have an artisan databasse.
Cheers
Ian
Roasters: TJ-067, Hottop with TC4C and RAF Mods
Espresso: LaSpaziale VII/Macap M4 Grinder
Pour over: Bonmac Pro Cone
Press: Bodum

Mustang967
ChicagoJohn wrote:

Mustang967 wrote:

I made a spreadsheet on google docs that we can all go and input some of our roast profiles. Feel free to add as many profiles that you use, but please add comments in the comment column to help differentiate your profiles.

Thanks for your time!!

Royce

Notwithstanding some of the comparability issues mentioned, I think this is a great idea, and I'd like to add some profiles. One thing that I think would be helpful is to note first 1C, end of 1C (if known) and onset of 2C (if applicable) as a way of calibrating temperature values. I've found these differ quite a bit depending upon the particulars of the roasting equipment but the onset of 1C will be repeatable for a given set up. Even though direct comparison of temperatures is probably futile, I think a lot of useful information can be had by comparing times to 1C, time after 1C, RoR during 1C, and changes of RoR throughout the profile; i.e., rate of deceleration in RoR.

However, I'm a novice to this venue and if you could offer a basic tutorial in how one goes about adding data I would really appreciate it. I tried to add data and although I signed in to Google, it didn't allow me to type anything into the cells. I presume we can just copy and paste your existing graph downward? Anyway, I'm not sure how to proceed but with the above additional data, I do think it could become a useful way of sharing data. Even the differences among various processes would be of interest.

Hi John,

I didn't realize that the sharing feature didn't allow for people to edit and add info. I changed it and made it so you don't have to log in to edit the sheet.

I added an area to be able to make roast comments directly above the temperature rows. I also made some comment cells directing where to put info in the sheet. Let me know if it makes sense and if I should add anything else.

Thank you so much!!!

Royce

centralvalleycoffee.com
Jump to Forum: