Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

pokeronlinejakarta
10/13/2019 7:27 PM
Jakarta Poker adalah situs agen poker online terpercaya dna terbaik yang dapat diakses dengan aman dan nyaman

koriglman
10/13/2019 6:09 PM
Male Guide Reviews Some of the common supplements used to assist you lose weight are: Hoodia can be an herbal supplement that is very popular in programs designed to help you lose excess fat. It is em

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseƱo para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,181
Newest Member: peihsiemhsu
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Aging Indonesian Green
turtle
I have been semi/short aging the Indonesian green coffee for between 6 and 9 months before roasting (i.e. roasting last year's crop)

I've found that I get a much more rounded taste profile between a semi/short roasted coffee and a fresh coffee which seems sharper and more "earthy".

Right now I am into a 20# bag of Sulawisi 2015 crop and it is so amazing that I find it hard to gather the words together to describe it.

Does anyone else short age their Indonesian before roasting or do you just get it in, roast it up, and drink it down

i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/turtle-web/food/coffee/roasts/artisan_graphs/7-28-2016_sulawisi.png
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: Behmor 1600 +
Grinders: Modified Super Jolly - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia

ginny
Mick:

aged coffees are usually wonderful; every time Sweet Marias has one for say I buy the limit. never been disappointed...

ginny

Bhante
I wouldn't call 6 to 9 months aging, that is pretty young for green coffee. Green coffee will keep for several years without spoiling, under suitable conditions especially humidity not being too high. I suspect you are using a been which has a rather high moisture content, which will affect the roast. The roast profile can easily be modified to compensate, or you can dry out the beans in the sun. Then you will get very similar results to 6/9 month old beans. Freshly harvested beans are often not optimally dried. When you roast, you will notice more steam being given off in the early part of the roast, and the weight loss (before/after roast) will be greater. Probably your 6 month old coffee has a few percentage points less moisture. Roasts will probably also be more even after drying out, judging from the roast curve you posted above.

Jump to Forum: