Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

JackH
10/15/2019 2:02 AM
They seem to be after the shoutbox. They have been removed. I don't see anything in the forums.

snwcmpr
10/14/2019 3:27 PM
We have been hacked. A whole lot of posts that have filled up the whole forum.

snwcmpr
10/10/2019 4:49 AM
Honduras Royal Reserve today.

allenb
10/08/2019 11:29 AM
Hi RAZ. Please post your 18-25kg build question in either the drum or fluidbed build forums and we'll all try to answer.

RAZGG2019
10/08/2019 10:43 AM
Quien me pude ayudar por favor, con el diseño para construir un tostador que funcione ya sea con Gas, electricidad o flujo de aire caliente, de unos (18 o 25) Kg. estoy en Venezuela

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,189
Newest Member: fieldmarket
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
renatoa - 2.00
allenb - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Groveland Hill Roas... - 25.00
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from Wisconsin
JSA Coffee
Hello all,

I am from Wisconsin, just about 30 miles south of Green Bay. My rig right now is an old gas grill with a 2 pound CRC drum. I have been roasting for a few months, and started on with a Whirleypop, then quickly moved to a Ronco, and now to the BBQ.. So far, I like roasting the Central American beans. I am going to start a business soon for fresh roasted coffee. I realize I have a lot to learn yet, but I learn best by doing.

allenb
Welcome to HRO! Good to have another BBQ roasting coffee fanatic in our group!

I've heard that many have gotten top tier quality results from a simple BBQ drum setup with little to no temperature feedback. Be sure to put a thread together in the BBQ roaster forum and let others know what techniques are working for you for achieving great roasts.

Centrals from the right farm or coop can still cup with the best the planet has to offer. I recently had a Costa from Happymug that is stellar.

Be sure to share with us how your business comes along. Hopefully we can lend a hand with any roasting questions.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

ginny
welcome to this bunch, thanks for joining us...

you will find a lot of help around here as our membres are great with support.

post away and ask those questions.

ginny

roar

StanSade
Hi JSA,
Welcome, I just recently joined; great group. I’m from WI also.

Jump to Forum: